Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
KDX US 2.3.4 to 2.5 BIN

I sent an email to Kindle Support yesterday requesting that they make the 2.5 update available for download via USB on the Kindle Support site. They sent me a nice reply a few hours later, politely telling me that I would have to wait like everyone else. However, after returning from work this evening I decided to turn on my Whispernet just to give it a stab and lo and behold, the little wheel kept turning and turning! I discovered after it finished that I did in fact have the update! So here it is for those of you who can use it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mz4nxwmx5jo
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Love you man!!!
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Wow, I don't feel half as lucky for getting the update now... maybe NOW it's out of beta and going around to everyone else?

That's kinda like Amazon, stating late May but then delivering earlier so we can all scream like little girls.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRiver View Post
Love you man!!!
No worries!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Wow, I don't feel half as lucky for getting the update now... maybe NOW it's out of beta and going around to everyone else?

That's kinda like Amazon, stating late May but then delivering earlier so we can all scream like little girls.
Well it could just be a case of squeaky wheels getting greased.
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
nguyeng
nguyeng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
I sent an email to Kindle Support yesterday requesting that they make the 2.5 update available for download via USB on the Kindle Support site. They sent me a nice reply a few hours later, politely telling me that I would have to wait like everyone else. However, after returning from work this evening I decided to turn on my Whispernet just to give it a stab and lo and behold, the little wheel kept turning and turning! I discovered after it finished that I did in fact have the update! So here it is for those of you who can use it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mz4nxwmx5jo
Many thanks. I have been waiting for it for a really long time.
nguyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 AM   #7
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post

scream like when a little girl found a surprising birthday present... then scream again, because the present turned out to be a bomb...

I cannot use much of the 2.5 capabilities, because I am using a US DX outside the us. I can't register. I can't make collections, nor set a password.
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #8
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Thanks for posting!
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
CWConnelly
CWConnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks.
CWConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #10
Tyler_D
Tyler_D doesn't litterTyler_D doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Connallmac,

Thanks a ton for posting that link. I just updated my Kindle and it works great. I was going to wait for wireless delivery from Amazon, but I just couldn't help myself. Thanks again for sharing.
Tyler_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #11
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
/opt/amazon/ebook/config/framework.mario.conf MD5 error cause upgrade canceled.
Any hint?
I have uninstall usbnetwork 23.0.11 already.

Thanks
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #12
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
I think I need /opt/amazon/ebook/config/framework.mario.conf in 2.3.4. I found some here but they are all very old version.
Thanks,
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote