Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
jgawne
jgawne began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
error- line 4: attribute value expected ????

I just updated to the latest verson of Sigil, and suddenly when I save my WORD files as filtered web page, and try to open in Sigil I get an error message:

Not loaded due to invalid content or not well formed XML
line 4: attribute value expected

Some of these are just plain short text files written just to see if I can import anything at all. I get it for everything.

So this is on a Win7PC, word07, and nothing unusual I can think of at all.
jgawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
jgawne

Ok, I went and found a 6.1 version of Sigil, installed that, and the files that did give me the above issues, now seem to open fine.

I'd like to see if I could help the kindly coders figure this out, so if anyone has any ideas on what I need to send them, let me know. As I said ANY of my word files sacved as filtered, web page cause the issue in 6.2, not just one or two files. The same files work OK in 6.1
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You just have to make sure your preferences are set to Pretty Print Tidy.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgawne View Post
I just updated to the latest verson of Sigil, and suddenly when I save my WORD files as filtered web page, and try to open in Sigil I get an error message:

Not loaded due to invalid content or not well formed XML
line 4: attribute value expected

Some of these are just plain short text files written just to see if I can import anything at all. I get it for everything.
Word's filtered HTML output is still riddled with MS junk and malformed code, which is probably what's tripping Sigil up.

Toxaris has created an excellent Word macro that does the job properly and exports clean HTML.
See this thread:- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142530
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
jgawne

I had installed that macro, but life came up and didn't get to use it until the trial expired. Not sure I really use it enough to make it worth while, however I am still pretty nervous that if I upgrade sigil any more it'll keep not working on my files. I'll have to play on a different machine.

There is a SF novel in which machines finally revolt because they just can not deal with the formatting in the latest WORD update!
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
??? What trial? There is no trial in my macro! Neither has Sigil.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
jgawne

Ah, I seem to have doctohtml installed instead for some reason. I guess this is an older attempt to get clean html. I will try angain.