Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #46
rpcard
rpcard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
need help with controlling my internal memory

good day all...i need help controlling my internal memory. i have downloaded movies and music into the fire, and then remove it from folders when connected to my mac. unfortunately, when i check my device status...my internal memory is still the same even though the content is gone. it got so bad once that i called amazon regarding this and they told me to reboot to defaults and it shouldn't happen again. well, it sure did...and rebooted to defaults and downloaded content apps from my cloud space back on and lost all other content for the second time.

however, i tried something...i checked out flash drive i use for storage, and its space after sending files to trash from the flash drive folder....my surprise; an empty flash drive with only 19 mb remaining from of original 16 gb. how the heck do i remove 'residual' info from my fire and flash drive? this is obviously what's wrong with my fire...cause it's what happened with my flash drive. in essence, the fire is being used as a flash drive for media content.

please reply, new on this forum...but this is the second time this happens to me and i need to figure this out; perhaps there's an app i need to download on my mac and/or fire.
rpcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #47
rpcard
rpcard began at the beginning.

guys i just figured it out for the fire!!!!!!!!!

how to remove the unwanted outside downloaded residual cache in your internal memory!

just follow these steps:
1. go to gearwheel on top right corner
2. choose +more
3. select applications
4. on filter by bar, choose 'all applications'
5. then scroll down and choose media storage
6. choose what's need to erase

in my case i completely erased all movies and songs, and my internal memory still read the same even with folders empty. i then went the route above and clear data for storage. to my surprise, all my memory came back, looks like the 'residual' stuff from outside downloaded movies was also erased. this however, i have not applied with selected movies. still advice just as others did in forum...to save content on cloud and use the above steps if your going to use the fire for shuttling wanted movies back and forth only.

please ad on this statement and do more research on this to help out others.

later
rpcard
rpcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #48
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I would suggest getting es file explorer and check the download folder often and clean out old install files (apk's) and other items.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #49
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If I select an app from my PC from the android market store, it wants me to choose a device to send it to. The KF is not be on the list as expected. Can you get the download to be sent to your PC and sideload it to the KF?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #50
Xeddicus
Xeddicus began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
If I select an app from my PC from the android market store, it wants me to choose a device to send it to. The KF is not be on the list as expected. Can you get the download to be sent to your PC and sideload it to the KF?
Nope, and it sure does annoy me.
Xeddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
No it will only work if the Market is installed on your KF otherwise you have to sideload them from a Market enable device. Some will work but some won't that way.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #52
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK folks, thanks.

I have a SGT so when I requested the app from my PC the app for download did show up on the SGT. So I assume I can grab that file and sideload it to the KF.

I would have to look in the SGT's download folder I assume and then copy to my PC and then to the KF. If that is how it works, what folder/directory on the KF do I copy it to?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK folks, thanks.

I have a SGT so when I requested the app from my PC the app for download did show up on the SGT. So I assume I can grab that file and sideload it to the KF.

I would have to look in the SGT's download folder I assume and then copy to my PC and then to the KF. If that is how it works, what folder/directory on the KF do I copy it to?
I download the app on my device then use ES File Explorer backup feature to get the apk which is the install file. I then take the apk and upload it to Dropbox and then download it to my Fire.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #54
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I download the app on my device then use ES File Explorer backup feature to get the apk which is the install file. I then take the apk and upload it to Dropbox and then download it to my Fire.
Thanks!

I was able to do it based on your instructions. How about a theme? I download one to my SGT to use for Go Launcher but I cannot find that file using the file explorer. What is the file extension I need to look for? I tried by going into the download folder on the SGT but I don't see anything for this theme.

I know the theme is on the SGT as I was able to apply it based on instructions I got after it installed.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #55
jcurry426
jcurry426 began at the beginning.

When using Go Explorer on my KF, is there a way to get to my books and mags? Thts the only reason i dont use Go Ex
jcurry426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurry426 View Post
When using Go Explorer on my KF, is there a way to get to my books and mags? Thts the only reason i dont use Go Ex
Yes you just add a shortcut to the default launcher on Go! then add a shortcut to Go! on the default launcher favorites. You can switch back and forth really easy. Anytime you hit home it gives you a choice which launcher to use as well.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #57
Tanzaku
Enthusiast
Tanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3
Install button now won't

I've sideloaded a number of apps successfully, so I'm comfortable with the procedure. However, for unknown reasons I'm now being blocked. I tried too sideload the new Mantano reader and all went well until I went to tap the install button. It's non-functional! The cancel button works. I checked my settings to be sure I was still allowing apps from other providers. I tried installing other sideloaded apps. Every attempt the install button simply is non-responsive. Right up to that point everything seems normal. Any suggestions?
Tanzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #58
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
I've sideloaded a number of apps successfully, so I'm comfortable with the procedure. However, for unknown reasons I'm now being blocked. I tried too sideload the new Mantano reader and all went well until I went to tap the install button. It's non-functional! The cancel button works. I checked my settings to be sure I was still allowing apps from other providers. I tried installing other sideloaded apps. Every attempt the install button simply is non-responsive. Right up to that point everything seems normal. Any suggestions?
This has happened to me before. If you have any other apps that appear in the notification bar, that could be the problem. (So, I turned off my screen dimmer and battery app, then the sideloaded program would install).
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
Two apps that do this is Screen Filter and Badass Battery Monitor Icon pack. Disable them and you should get your ability to install apps back.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #60
shharper
shharper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Badass Battery Monitor Fixed

The latest update to BABM fixes the install issue.
shharper is offline   Reply With Quote