Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
elladine
elladine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Weird sorting issue with the Touch

I just got a Kindle Touch. I know little about how to work it well. I have my Kindle sorted by collections which is ABC order and I'm fine with that, but somehow it sorts the non-collection books in reverse alphabetical order, with Zs first instead of the As. I know it used to be the regular order before, but I did something and can't figure out what. I really want to undo it, and put it back to normal. I don't want to just sort by title as I want the collections at the top. It is driving me nuts. I hope someone can help me.
elladine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
The time/date is probably wrong on the Touch. Try syncing, that will set the correct time.

You may have to open up some of the books(in order to set the correct timestamp on the files) before they sort correctly again.

This happens if I do a reboot on the K3. That changes the date, and the only way to get it set correctly is to sync. I don't have a Touch, but it's probably the same. Amazon lets you change the time manually, but not the date.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by elladine View Post
I don't want to just sort by title as I want the collections at the top.
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but if you prefix your collection names with a character such as "_" (underscore), then they will be displayed at the top in a title sort.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
elladine

I have synched a few times already and that didn't help. And why would I want to change the titles when I know it worked fine til I messed it up somehow?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elladine View Post
And why would I want to change the titles when I know it worked fine til I messed it up somehow?
So that you can sort by title. It's a hell of a lot more useful sort order than Collection sort order. Eg, you can type in an initial letter to go directly to that point in the list. You can't do that in Collection sort order.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
elladine

hm i suppose you do have a point. thanks. sorry if i came off rude. but will it still put my most recently opened/read books on the top?
Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No. Title sort order is just what it says - it sorts by title. Try it and see.