Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 06-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #1
BobSachs
BobSachs began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
My Yahoo and IsiloX

In Avantgo I can download a version of My Yahoo. I would like to know the URL to be able to do this in Isilo. Reference has been made to this elsewhere, but I cannot find the actual URL.

It used to be that you could find this by right clicking on the Avantgo preview of the site. This no longer works.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob
Old 06-11-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
BobSachs

Further to my post: When I follow the thread that will lead to the answer, this is what I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So, can someone actually post the answer?

Thanks.

Bob
Advert
Old 06-12-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Bob, please check here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=726

To your Yahoo problem:

Yahoo has recently changed the way it deals with cookies. The method I was suggesting here does not work anymore. I am currently updating the Web Channel Collection, and will try to find a way for iSilo + MyYahoo.

Greets
Alex
Old 06-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #4
BobSachs

Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. With respect to the My Yahoo issue, I understand that you are working on a fix of some sort since Yahoo changed the way they handle cookies.

I am less clear on what I need to do to be "upgraded" to access the information once you work it out and post it. I have read the thread you directed me to and I have read your original post regarding interactiveness.

Apparently, one post is not enough but there is no set number. This is what I find confusing. What do I need to do to have access to this forum?

Thanks.

Bob
Old 06-12-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
BobSachs

In the absence of other help, I've been playing around with various URLs. Most of what I want in My Yahoo I can now get with the following:

http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?my.yahoo/index.xml

Using this URL plus setting the links at a depth of 3 and
using the cookies I found per Alexander's method, My Yahoo now opens up with "Welcome, rhsachs". No more "sign in." All of the news is there. The movies and playing times for theaters in my zip code are also there. I would need to set the links at a depth of 4 in order to obtain the movie reviews and therein lies a problem.

The Weather does not recognize my zip code and produces a list of just about every place in the world. If I click down through the countries to get to a city I would need to have the links set at four. When I do this, syncing takes hours. So I have to use Accuweather which does recognize my zip code.

The sports and finance sections do not recognize my My Yahoo preferences. Mail seems to recognize me, but I haven't had any mail to test this.

Still, it's a move in the right direction until Alexander can come up with a more elegant approach.

Bob
Advert