Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #766
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
There is no difference in the firmware for TL3 or TL2. It has allways been the same. Even the internal hardware is exchangeable (mainboard). Only thing is the screen and maybe some settings on the internal SD (I didn't check the last one).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #767
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi all,
I owned still a Pro603 and worked very well. But I my last Update was to D603.2.1.3 20120411_175059. (6years ago) ;-))
Know everywhere a newer firmware?
An other piont is I want to install coolreader instead or parallel for/to fbreader.
But I dont know witch version I have to install and where I can find a download aubout this.
Very sorry for my bad english
and thanks for any helping
Kinds
Psimo
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #768
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
I just had a look at firmware 5.18.421 for PB 631 I think.
There is a pocketbook redmine password in clear in some script that is allowed for reader user through /etc/sudoers. The other interesting scripts/programs in sudoers are not there, I am guessing it is a leftover? May be PB should be notified, but looking at how my contacts with support went, I will not do it.
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #769
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
PB626 FW v.5.20.346:

TL2: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...ok-touch-lux-2
TL3: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...ok-touch-lux-3
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #770
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
How rich are the font configuration options in the new "reading settings menu" in fw 5.20? Can I disable font anti-aliasing? Does the settings affect the browser too?
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2019, 05:36 AM   #771
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I much welcome the new reader app in 5.20. It's slightly faster to render pages and fixes various bugs that annoyed the hell out of me. I had thought they had given up on the Touch Lux 3 firmware, but thankfully not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDae View Post
How rich are the font configuration options in the new "reading settings menu" in fw 5.20? Can I disable font anti-aliasing? Does the settings affect the browser too?
It looks like they didn't add new font features, just reorganised the UI slightly so that switching fonts is less cumbersome. See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/sZ5czqJ.png
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:51 AM   #772
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
It looks like they didn't add new font features, just reorganised the UI slightly so that switching fonts is less cumbersome. See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/sZ5czqJ.png
Ok thanks. Coolreader for me then, still.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:32 AM   #773
Pokec
Pokec began at the beginning.

Device: PB628 Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
PB626 FW v.5.20.346:
Your Cool Reader (many thanks for it, brucelee!) is in "Open with" menu with this fw again (if it is in extensions.cfg).

Last edited by Pokec; 03-07-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Pokec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #774
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

That's awesome I wished for that feature to come back for quite a while. Too bad they stalled it for so long.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #775
brucelee
Addict

PB626 FW v.5.20.425:

TL2: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...ok-touch-lux-2
TL3: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...ok-touch-lux-3
Old 04-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #776
Conrad Psuta
Conrad Psuta began at the beginning.

Device: Aqua 2
Good news.
Now Aqua 2 please, because last firmware (April 2018) is worse than older one (5.17.641).
Conrad Psuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 AM   #777
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Yep, a bug fix release shortly after releasing the more updated firmware. This looks promising for future Lux 3 support. Given that Lux 4's hardware is nearly identical to Lux 3, it can't be difficult to adapt firmware for Lux 4 to Lux 3 (which is probably what they're doing).
I still found a few bugs in the new reader app. I wonder what is the best way to report them to PB developers?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #778
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Firmware update 5.20.706 for old Inkpad and Inkpad 2. Some highlights from the official announcement [with my comments]:
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/news/pocketbook-inkpad-and-pocketbook-inkpad-2-receive-significant-update
- The new firmware also replenishes PocketBook InkPad and PocketBook InkPad 2 arsenal with two new book formats – CBR and CBZ. [comic book formats] ...
- For the convenience of users, PocketBook InkPad and PocketBook InkPad 2 support the Dropbox service [Dropbox is outdated by now in the old firmware]
- In addition, users also receive more options to work with notes. Now you can create a list of the books that contain notes, review these notes, rename them, add or edit comments to these notes, export and import them. Imported notes can be opened and reviewed via any electronic device, including PC.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #779
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
New update for PB TL 4 v.5.20.852
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...0.852_user.zip
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #780
Lykke
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassini View Post
Hope TL3 will get the same update shortly after. Glad to see that this bug has been fixed, really annoyed me:

Quote:
The page counting process has been optimized for the case the option «Built-in page numbering» is turned off (for the case the number of pages is equal to the number of screens). Now, this process occurs faster, and for the books with a vast amount of pages or illustrations, this process does not cause the device to be stuck.