Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Cats vs Dogs: Which wins?
Cats 41 41.41%
Dogs 44 44.44%
The blue one next to the fish 14 14.14%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Cats vs. Dogs

This New Scientist article Linky has revealed to me that the ancient argument, Cats vs. Dogs, can finally be answered.
Their final score: CATS 5 - 6 DOGS
Guess the hounds have it?

Last edited by AprilHare; 12-10-2009 at 02:21 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
As my choice wasn't in there, I took the fish and gave it to the cat.

I love both cats and dogs. I have two cats right now and want to get a dog too. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Their final score: CATS 5 - 6 DOGS
Guess the hounds have it?
In the last poll, cats::dogs was 37::42
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49416

Oddly enough, that's pretty close to 5::6!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
For companionship - dog

For leaving alone over the weekend - cat

For a great stir fry....
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Cats for me - I'm just not a dog person, they're just too needy.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
they are both wonderful and my life is incomplete without either of them!

(what? no horses!?)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
they are both wonderful and my life is incomplete without either of them!

(what? no horses!?)
No Platypuses either, I'm disapointed.

But I would have to go goggie all the way. I'm just a dog-person.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I'm a big time goggie person as well. but there is something about cat cuddling. and as a big dog owner, I'm sure you know that big time cuddling on the couch, in the bed, just doesn't work. my pup will give me a quick little cuddle and then say "later mom, you're just too hot". and just now kindle kitten has curled up between the laptop and me (we are in bed)
Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm a big time goggie person as well. but there is something about cat cuddling. and as a big dog owner, I'm sure you know that big time cuddling on the couch, in the bed, just doesn't work. my pup will give me a quick little cuddle and then say "later mom, you're just too hot". and just now kindle kitten has curled up between the laptop and me (we are in bed)
Your kidding right?

This is what I have to contend with... Every night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rubelicious2.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	40976  
Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

wow! no! none of my Newfies, and I have had 8 now, have been big time bed snugglers. there is evidence that they nap on the beds occasionally, but not co-habitate. I grew up with Schipperkes and Siberians all of whom were total bed hogs, and had an Irish Wolfhound once (boniest elbows in the world!) that made me consider just giving up and moving to the floor
Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
No Platypuses either, I'm disapointed.
Platypi (not a word but I'm going with it) are timid things that humans rarely see - and they have venom.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
- and they have venom.
seriously?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #13
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
seriously?
Seriously, they have a "spike" on their hind legs that is venomous.

I don't care though, I think they are way cute!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I used to think Sloths were cute too. then I found out about their unique physique
Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
I used to think Sloths were cute too. then I found out about their unique physique
Which is?