Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
CChamp
CChamp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My Library Crashing

Please tell me if anyone else has had this problem. About a week ago I downloaded a book "The Indwelling". It downloaded fine but when I went to put it on my reader it crashed the library program and eventually said "Program Not Responding". Other books transferred fine.

I called Sony and they said that the book file needed updating. Tonight I tried downloading another book "The Prodigal" by Beverly Lewis and the same thing happened. To make sure that it wasn't my computer I tried redownloading 6 other titles and they transferred just fine. I'm thinking another bad file. I am now afraid to waste my money on anymore titles.

Has anyone experienced this also,

Thanks
CChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Were the two books that crashed your Sony from the same publishing house?
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
CChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Were the two books that crashed your Sony from the same publishing house?
Great question but no they weren't. They were from two different publishers.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
CChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CChamp View Post
Please tell me if anyone else has had this problem. About a week ago I downloaded a book "The Indwelling". It downloaded fine but when I went to put it on my reader it crashed the library program and eventually said "Program Not Responding". Other books transferred fine.

I called Sony and they said that the book file needed updating. Tonight I tried downloading another book "The Prodigal" by Beverly Lewis and the same thing happened. To make sure that it wasn't my computer I tried redownloading 6 other titles and they transferred just fine. I'm thinking another bad file. I am now afraid to waste my money on anymore titles.

Has anyone experienced this also,

Thanks
Finally after a week and a half fighting with Sony Support they figured out that the book file from the publisher was corrupt. They did refund my money that I paid for the book.

Also, turns out that there are about 75 or more files on Sony's site that have problems. The tech guy sent me a list of all the books that are affected.

If anyone would like a copy let me know and I will forward it to you.