Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Run os from sd or internal root?

I have a Nook Color on which I run CM7 from sd. Works perfectly and have done so for some time now!
However, I'm toying with the idea of doing an internal root instead. Would there be any advantages to an internal root vs the sd-card?
I'm guessing there would be better/easier management of storage, but would it also run faster when running from ROM than sd?

Edit: Just to point out: I don't actually have any speed (or other) issues with my current configuration (using a SanDisk class 4, 8 GB). I'm just curious and sometimes my fingers itch and want to experiment while my head says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

Last edited by Asawi; 08-13-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Android always runs better from the internal eMMC - it has much better read/write speed and random access times than an SD card. Whether that's worth losing dual booting is up to you.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I posted the same question a while ago. Running from the SD card, my NT would sometimes not power on. That problem has gone away since I moved the ROM to the internal memory. And as GreenMonkey states, it does read & write faster.

I'm running CM7. The developers have given up on CM9 and it doesn't seem they're making much progress on CM10.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote