Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
nook coming to uk

just noticed this article on engadget.

this is going to put sony under even more pressure. personally i dont know if i would want to buy one as this is another closed eco system. it is a pity for waterstones that they could not come to some agreement with B&N rather than amazon to inject at bit more competition into the uk.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/20/n...les/#continued

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-25-2012 at 10:08 AM.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Don't think it will have much effect - no established presence, phys bookstore support, or , o far, significant price differential, and seemingly glowlight the only unique feature. See Gen Discussion thread..........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Don't think it will have much effect - no established presence, phys bookstore support, or , o far, significant price differential, and seemingly glowlight the only unique feature. See Gen Discussion thread..........
We will have to wait on that.

If they play fair and apply a reasonable conversion factor the $97 +Tax price should mean it will be less than £100 here in the UK - in the Kindle territory.

At the moment my 650 is fine, and I have no thoughts of replacing it, but, to be honest, if I did it would not be with another Sony so I might well look at a Nook.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote