Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 07-11-2003, 01:20 AM   #1
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
ARGH! What happened to my list?

I finally got my customized list containing the channels I wanted setup just right. Everything was working perfectly until I noticed sometime today only two channels were being synced.

I opened up my IXL and there are only two channels! Somehow the other 18 or so just disappeared. I know everything was fine as of 8am this morning as my morning channels did sync. Sometime today though it seems ISilo purged itself of the bulk of my channels. And no, I did not make a backup. I really didn't expect ISiloX to trash itself.

I do admit to installing the 3.35 version of ISilo last evening, but would this have anything todo with the list trashing itself?

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this? Is there any chance X makes a hidden backup somewhere?
Old 07-11-2003, 05:08 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Griff, I am afraid there is no hidden backup - though it could easily be implemented I think. On what has caused the entries to disappear I have absolutely no idea. I never had this happened to any of my lists.

I know this is no satisfactory answer, but let me tell you that once I was doing a new update for WCC - I added like 100 channels and did customizing - when I finally hit the save button and quit iSiloX. Only to see that nothing was saved. Why? Because at the same time I had the WCC .ixl file open with notepad which caused a sharing access error when I tried to save it in iSiloX. My lesson from this is to always work with a backup.

Greets
Alex
Old 07-11-2003, 08:18 AM   #3
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Hmm, sounds like I might hold off on 3.35 for a few weeks.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Griff
Enthusiast

Well, here I go about to rebuild my custom list. About to grab the WCC again and prune out the channels I use and get everything setup again. Thankfully notepad and search and replace will make the rebuild eaiser than my first build.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
Griff
Enthusiast

Around 2 hours and everything looks back to normal. Of course 45 minutes of that was converting, synching, and reviewing each channel to make sure it looks right.

I've made a backup copy of my IXL file and now I think I can rest easy once again.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #6
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Well Griff...you can always mark this one down as an FGO...they're good...sometimes!

Cheers,
Gary
Old 07-11-2003, 11:05 PM   #7
Griff
Enthusiast

FGO? I'm guessing at the F....and if it were a the second and third words could be god awful.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:05 AM   #8
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
FGO? I'm guessing at the F....and if it were a the second and third words could be god awful.
You got the first letter right , now just add "Growth Opportunity" and you'll get the drift....