Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #76
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Todays Deal is Ready Player One for $9.95 great book btw highly recommend it as a very entertaining listen
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #77
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Thanks a bunch!
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #78
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Facebook freebie special!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
UNABRIDGED
by Dr. Seuss
Narrated by Walter Matthau

http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B00ALYCA9O

Regular Price :$0.00
Member Price :$0.00

LENGTH
12 mins
RELEASE DATE
12-14-12
AUDIO FORMATS
Program Type
Audiobook

PUBLISHER
Listening Library
Publisher's Summary

The Grinch, whose heart is two sizes too small, hates Whoville's holiday celebrations, and plans to steal all the presents to prevent Christmas from coming. To his amazement, Christmas comes anyway, and the Grinch discovers the true meaning of the holiday.
©1957, 1985 Dr. Seuss Enterprises; (P)2006 Random House, Inc. Listening Library, an imprint of the Random House Audio Publishing Group
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #79
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
GRINCH!!!

Thanks.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #80
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Today's Deal: The Magic Treehouse series for $1.99 Each

http://www.audible.com/mt/DailyDeals_2012
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #81
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Wow - 48 vol x $2 = $96

This series is also available at OverDrive. My libraries have all of the volumes, except #48.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #82
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:

http://www.audible.com/mt/DailyDeals_2012
Awesome! My daughter and I have been listening to this series in the car -- what a great deal to finish collecting the series!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #83
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Wow - 48 vol x $2 = $96

This series is also available at OverDrive. My libraries have all of the volumes, except #48.
I've been using credits on the bundles (#1-8, #9-16, #17-24) which makes them less than buying individually at $1.99 each (and much less than individually buying them at the regular member price). I've also bought a couple in the middle of the series because she got a bundle of paper books and likes to follow along.

I don't know why there aren't any more 8-pack bundles -- it's just those three.

I'm going to be spending just under $42, which doesn't seem too bad, especially knowing that I'll eventually be buying them all anyway. (In other words, $42 now for books I would have otherwise spent $165 over several months to get. )
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I've been using credits on the bundles (#1-8, #9-16, #17-24) which makes them less than buying individually at $1.99 each (and much less than individually buying them at the regular member price). I've also bought a couple in the middle of the series because she got a bundle of paper books and likes to follow along.

I don't know why there aren't any more 8-pack bundles -- it's just those three.

I'm going to be spending just under $42, which doesn't seem too bad, especially knowing that I'll eventually be buying them all anyway. (In other words, $42 now for books I would have otherwise spent $165 over several months to get. )
That's cool

BTW, what age group are these books aimed at? Until today, I never knew they existed.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #85
sakura-panda
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's cool

BTW, what age group are these books aimed at? Until today, I never knew they existed.
Jack and Annie (the main characters) are 7 and 8, so I think it's aimed at 6 - 10 year olds. My daughter is six and I think my son (now nine) was about 6 also when he was checking them out from the school library. Even my three year old asks for them when we're in the car now!

They are fun little adventures that, in addition to being fun and exciting, include accurate facts about the times and places the kids visit.

Article and video interview with the author, from a couple of weeks ago:

'Magic Tree House' author Mary Pope Osborne sets out to engage young readers

(I was looking for something else and stumbled across this. It seems timely. )
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #86
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today's Deal: 75% Off the Regular Price on Gifts for Mom & Dad

http://www.audible.com/mt/DailyDeals_2012/

Mom List...

The Time Traveler's Wife By Audrey Niffenegger - $6.99

A Discovery of Witches By Deborah Harkness - $8.74

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks By Rebecca Skloot - $7.98

Gone with the Wind By Margaret Mitchell - $12.25

The Secret Keeper By Kate Morton - $7.87

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society By Mary Ann Shaffer , Annie Barrows - $6.98

In the Woods By Tana French - $6.98

Beloved By Toni Morrison - $8.98

The Inn at Rose Harbor By Debbie Macomber - $7.00

Carnal Innocence By Nora Roberts - $8.75

Dad List...

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption By Laura Hillenbrand - $8.98

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History By Chris Kyle , Scott McEwan - $5.90

Dream Team: How Michael, Magic, Larry, Charles, and the Greatest Team of All Time Changed the Game of Basketball Forever By Jack McCallum - $7.00

Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game By Michael Lewis - $6.12

Ball Four: The Final Pitch By Jim Bouton - $7.49

Master and Commander: Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 1 By Patrick O'Brian - $9.44

Into the Storm: Destroyermen, Book 1 By Taylor Anderson - $7.50

A History of the World in 6 Glasses By Tom Standage - $5.25

Engines of Change: A History of the American Dream in Fifteen Cars By Paul Ingrassia - $6.12

The Gray Man By Mark Greaney - $6.24
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #87
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Today's Deal: Books from Our ACX Collection for $3.95 each

ACX is the Audiobook Creation Exchange

Not going to list all 43 books, sorry.

I can say I've listened to quite a few ACX books, both self-pubbed backlist titles and new self-pub stuff like Wool, and found the quality to be on par with the stuff from the big audiobook publishers.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #88
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just spent way too much! Good thing I had that $10 credit.

Spoiler:
  • In Bed with the Devil (UNABRIDGED) Author: Lorraine Heath
  • Surrender to the Devil (UNABRIDGED) Author: Lorraine Heath
  • Between the Devil and Desire (UNABRIDGED) Author: Lorraine Heath
  • Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (UNABRIDGED) Author: Lorraine Heath
  • Dixie Divas (UNABRIDGED) Author: Virginia Brown
  • The Look of Love (UNABRIDGED) Author: Bella Andre
  • Slammed (UNABRIDGED) Author: Colleen Hoover
  • Deeper Than the Night (UNABRIDGED) Author: Amanda Ashley
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #89
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Today's Deal: Books from Our ACX Collection for $3.95 each

ACX is the Audiobook Creation Exchange

Not going to list all 43 books, sorry.

I can say I've listened to quite a few ACX books, both self-pubbed backlist titles and new self-pub stuff like Wool, and found the quality to be on par with the stuff from the big audiobook publishers.
Unfortunately I don't get a list of the titles available when I go to that link...
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #90
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Here's a free version of A Christmas Carol read by Tim Curry!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible