Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #151
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
It's the same management trading under a very similar name. It is dishonest to be trading on the name of the previous company, its reputation, and still walk away from the obligations of that company.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #152
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps all the customers who still have outstanding warranties should join together in some type of class-action suit.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #153
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
It's the same management trading under a very similar name. It is dishonest to be trading on the name of the previous company, its reputation, and still walk away from the obligations of that company.
Another company paid irex debts (that is, invested $10mln in irex), and this "another company" doesn't wish to support your irex warranty. This maybe a poor decision, but it is completely fair.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #154
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

So the warranties, in EU law, do not come under the category of debts and obligations?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #155
Aegis
Aegis began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
So the warranties, in EU law, do not come under the category of debts and obligations?
Is it in U.S.-law?
Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 AM   #156
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm not sure they actually purchased the company. Maybe they just paid irex debts so that irex property was released and available to purchase.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #157
brigader
Enthusiast
brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Max,irex 800s
its not a bug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
I'm using DR800SG (with the shipping firmware, haven't tried 2.0 beta yet) for a couple of months. The only bug i aware of is that sometimes switching the flipbar makes reader go forward not for one page, but for 3-5 pages; it is annoying, but it occurs so rarely that i can live with it. I've faced more important bugs on my PRS500.
Battery life time is about the same on DR800SG and PRS500.
That say, i'm using e-readers only to read ebooks (PDFs designed for an appropriate device, with fonts embedded). Haven't tried wireless of DR800SG, music player of PRS500 etc.
The page flip was designed to skip 3-5 pages if held for a period of time...
but yes occasionally this has happend to me too, but not very often, unless i want it too ;-)
brigader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #158
brigader
Enthusiast
brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Max,irex 800s
Any one got any news for this year with regards the IREX..
I still love my irex 800 and will use it til the end.. ;-) but then what next ;-)
shame there is no more software updates...
brigader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 AM   #159
penartur
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigader View Post
The page flip was designed to skip 3-5 pages if held for a period of time...
but yes occasionally this has happend to me too, but not very often, unless i want it too ;-)
It was designed to skip exactly 5 pages if held for a period of time, not random number of pages (2 to 5) if held shortly.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #160
Franky
Nameless Being

i couldn't find any news about IREX. basically, they are gone.
so the question should be if somebody takes over development of software. funny enough, you can still buy the dr800 in europe. that tells me that somebody is still rpoducing them and is able to give guarantee on it.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #161
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
No one is producing the DR800. Any that you find were produced and delivered to a retailer before the bankruptcy. They have no warranty because the company that backed the warranty was dissolved.

If you want to know more about development etc then look in the Irex forum here on MobileRead.

Irex dissolved and was reformed out of the Bankruptcy as IRX Innovations , more a consulting and design firm for business to business than to consumers. When last I spoke to them 3-4 months ago they were still getting their sea legs under them trying to get going again and not really at the point of being ready for business yet.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #162
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Irex dissolved and was reformed out of the Bankruptcy as IRX Innovations , more a consulting and design firm for business to business than to consumers. When last I spoke to them 3-4 months ago they were still getting their sea legs under them trying to get going again and not really at the point of being ready for business yet.
What they said on here (around that same time frame) was that they were going to be quiet for awhile, and that development on the firmware was continuing. We haven't heard anything from them in the past few months though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #163
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Well, that's pretty quiet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
What they said on here (around that same time frame) was that they were going to be quiet for awhile, and that development on the firmware was continuing. We haven't heard anything from them in the past few months though.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #164
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Well, that's pretty quiet...
As expected. The question is for how long, though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapter 11, financial problems, iliad, irex technologies