Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by thniels View Post
PowerToys is in a state well before beta and as they say themselves...

Bashing a product that pretty much doesn't exist yet is a bit premature. Incidentally, it only has the name in common with the similarly named tool of yore (Win 95 days). And in all fairness, the team behind the tool do warn against running it in a production environment.
While I agree that bashing is not desired.
How many folk really READ those notes or FAQ?

Just take Calibre for example
It has both an FAQ and many stickies here at MR and we still see many ignoring (not on purpose), the advice or guides , then asking for help recovering.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #32
thniels
thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.thniels knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: BN Nook + Tolino Shine 3 + Tolino Vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Heh, quite true .
thniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 01:55 PM   #33
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Just take Calibre for example
It has both an FAQ and many stickies here at MR and we still see many ignoring (not on purpose), the advice or guides , then asking for help recovering.
"DeDRM is broken, help!"
"Calibre is broken on Windows 7, help!"
"I renamed my Calibre library folders and now things are broken, help!"
"I put my Calibre library on cloud storage/NAS and now things are broken, help!"
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
"DeDRM is broken, help!"
"Calibre is broken on Windows 7, help!"
"I renamed my Calibre library folders and now things are broken, help!"
"I put my Calibre library on cloud storage/NAS and now things are broken, help!"
I knew the DeDRM plugin would be broken from when it was announced that Calibre was moving to Python 3.

I have renamed a couple of library DIRECTORIES with no problem. But I knew to have Calibre forget the old names and pick up the new ones.

I've never used a NAS and I would never let cloud storage anywhere near my Calibre library. The major issue with clioud storage is the apps used are garbage (IMHO) because they do not allow a one-way sync.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never used a NAS and I would never let cloud storage anywhere near my Calibre library. The major issue with clioud storage is the apps used are garbage (IMHO) because they do not allow a one-way sync.
I've kept my Calibre library in Dropbox for many years and used it on several different devices (currently on 2 laptops and a Surface tablet). Without any major problems. But then I actually pay attention to what I'm doing and I never have Dropbox just running in the background on any of said devices. Neither do I have Dropbox automatically starting with Windows.

So yes, it's possible to use cloud storage, IF YOU KNOW HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE AND WHAT TO WATCH FOR. The issue is that the majority of casual users know neither.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert