Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #1
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Android: Version 5.4.4.6 Coming Soon (Dropbox/OneDrive Fix)

Hello CC Users,

We are submitting the new version of Android this weekend to the Google Play Store.

The features coming into this version are:

1. Dropbox Cloud Connection fixed
2. Microsoft One Drive Cloud Connection fixed
3. Library upgrades to improve scale and prevent deprecation of functionality

Once again, we extend our thanks to the beta users who helped us test and for all of you being patient with our team. Please send feedback or any questions to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

Thank you,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Hum, this might come out before Apple releases the latest release of the Apple app. Sigh.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hum, this might come out before Apple releases the latest release of the Apple app. Sigh.
The Apple version is out. It's on a phased release but you can navigate to the app store to get the newest version.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
The Apple version is out. It's on a phased release but you can navigate to the app store to get the newest version.
Odd, I expected it to update automatically or at least that it would notify me that an update was available. I checked the updates available every day but nada. I went in and manually updated it. Works fine. Thanks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:50 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Hi, the new version doesn't
  • remember my content server password. Once CC is cleared from memory, it forgets. .
  • register library folder on Box. I could login to Box, saw the folder with the little blue "check" icon. But just when CC was comparing the database (offline - online), it is rejected or something (the toast message can't be read, black text on black background).
  • show book covers on Dropbox
That's kind of annoying.

I'm using Android 10.

Last edited by nqk; 05-05-2020 at 04:18 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 02:47 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
for android, you may want to mention the missing covers issue with dropbox
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:29 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, the last item has convinced me not to update.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:19 AM   #8
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
for android, you may want to mention the missing covers issue with dropbox
confirmed and updated to my list
Old 05-05-2020, 04:22 AM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Just tried the new version.

Some things I noticed:

Target SDK bumped to API 28 (needed to push to Google play store). Still relying on shared storage, no SAF compatible.

They implemented a file provider. That means that CC now ships a hard copy of the book to the reader application. (ie: in MoonReader the book will be copied to attachments even when both apps have permissions to read the same shared storage). Some apps, like Coolreader and KOReader, are still able to circumvent this limitation and retrieve the book without making a copy.

Now CC will properly download books to the primary storage even if the primary storage is a sdcard.

Congratulations. You didn't break the software yet
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:26 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Just tried the new version.

Some things I noticed:

Target SDK bumped to API 28 (needed to push to Google play store). Still relying on shared storage, no SAF compatible.

They implemented a file provider. That means that CC now ships a hard copy of the book to the reader application. (ie: in MoonReader the book will be copied to attachments even when both apps have permissions to read the same shared storage)...
curious: what will happen if the CC download folder is set to be that same /moonreader/attachments folder
will a 2nd copy be made in the same folder ?

FYI: have been downloading to /moonreader folder then using moon reader's auto add to shelf , then open from moonreader. that avoided issues with CC and moon using different put equivalent syntax to define paths:
/emulated/storage/0 vs /sdcard/

and it also meant I did not also get copies appearing in /attachments
Old 05-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #11
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Hi, the new version doesn't
  • remember my content server password. Once CC is cleared from memory, it forgets. .
  • register library folder on Box. I could login to Box, saw the folder with the little blue "check" icon. But just when CC was comparing the database (offline - online), it is rejected or something (the toast message can't be read, black text on black background).
  • show book covers on Dropbox
That's kind of annoying.

I'm using Android 10.

Hey,

It is standard for re-prompting of password for protected content servers. This is by design for security reasons.

When you say "Box" do you mean dropbox?

Dropbox book covers confirmed and working on a fix. Will update here when issue is resolved.

Alex
Old 05-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #12
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey,

It is standard for re-prompting of password for protected content servers. This is by design for security reasons.

When you say "Box" do you mean dropbox?

Dropbox book covers confirmed and working on a fix. Will update here when issue is resolved.

Alex

But it should remember my password, shouldn't it?

Box = Box.net. Still can't get into the Library folder.
Dropbox: Login ok, no covers.
Onedrive = Login ok, the Library folder doesn't show the green "checked" icon.
Calibre Content Server, login ok, download ok. Password (account) not remembered.

. What has happened?

Last edited by nqk; 05-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #13
stumped
Wizard

does not work for me with box.com
that's with android betas 5.4.4.6 and 5.4.4.7
I can select box as the cloud provider., I can log in, OK then it takes a look and suggest that the calibre library is in calibre library and shows a green tick against taht folder [ someone else said they could not get to a green tick but I can]
so far so good.
.... then it goes into checking to see if your copy.... is up to date & after a coupl o f seconds it reports calibre database is corrupt.
but what is in box is identical to what is in dropbox, - 5,307 files - and dropbox works, albeit without covers. I checked that metadata.db is same in both clouds.
and both clouds are synced by one way mirror sync from my local copy, using ffs.

possibly it cant cope with having two cloud options on its menu but when I say ok conenct to dropbox then, it's all good

i think also that box is forgetting the credentials or maybe that's just because it can't complete the initial library check. Whatever - i have to input them again to re-test.

FYI, I never got around to testing box with the 2018 version - someone posted that it worked so I left until until the beta arrived
Old 05-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #14
stumped
Wizard

The problem with box is that cc does not write to the current path correctly
I see
Current path /
Under that I see calibre library green tick
But if I pick a different folder, e.g. test, it will write that into current path
So current path becomes /test
Not so for creating a path of /calibre library
I thinking says database missing or corrupt because it it looking on the wrong place?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:40 PM   #15
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
FYI, I never got around to testing box with the 2018 version - someone posted that it worked so I left until until the beta arrived
It does; it still does, I should say.

I couldn't make a proper beta report, but I also had the same Box cloud use problems; Isay "use" because it was no a connection issue, per se.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 05-07-2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Adding quote
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote