Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #16
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Assume that you've already done something like putting a GPS on a Nook Touch after rooting and converting that to Android (it is version 4 I think?). Per my video here that I posted on another thread.

Even if you get a Poke color or similar, you'll suffer from the same ghosting you get with e-Ink displays as seen on my video. The colour display is lower resolution (4x worse) compared with a black and white - I'd speculate that colour ghosting might be even worse as you'd end up with a colour mix as well. You might find your favourite Android PG app might not even produce a decent image once it gets mapped to the Nook display.

Anyway, good luck, anyone who engages in paragliding needs their head examining anyway (I should know!), so... let us know how you get on with attacking the Poke colour with your soldering iron!
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote