Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

You can change the serial number using a hex editor. Go to offset 0x200. That will have "SN-" followed by the serial number.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:04 PM   #47
keithschwab
keithschwab began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Hi Everyone,
I also need an image of the SD card for the Kobo Clara HD...help?

Thanks!
Advert
Old 04-10-2019, 01:33 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #49
Fewns
Fewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enough

Device: PW2
Hi davidfor,
could you please also send me the ClaraHD image? I can offer Tolino Shine 3 12.0 and 12.1 in return.
Thanks a lot.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

I don't have any interest in collecting images for other devices.
Advert
Old 04-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #51
ionutz76
ionutz76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello all,
After an update, my Kobo Clara HD is bricked.
I need an image for the system.
Could someone please help me with a link to the image?
Thank you in advance!
Old 04-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:29 AM   #53
tentakel
tentakel began at the beginning.

Hello!
I was running the one-klick KOreader / Plato hack for a while.
This week after syncing with wifi, my Kobo got stuck at the boot animation and is since then bricked. I guess it pulled the recent firmware update which didn't work well with the hacked system. Any chance i could get a working firmware image as well?

Thank you!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:49 AM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

But, make sure you try a manual factory reset before opening the device. It will probably work.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:56 AM   #55
tentakel

Great! Well received. That might by a quite dumb question, but how do i do a manual factory reset?
There is no hidden button as far as i have seen. Pressing the main button for a while has some effect but the screen will not update so I cannot do any further steps to reset it.

Thank you!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The instructions are in the manual on the device (not much help at the moment) and downloadable from the Kobo support site. But, they are also at https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...-kobo-clara-hd.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:07 AM   #57
tentakel

ok, thanks for all your support! I got it booting again! Unfortunatelly my device seems to have a broken screen or digitizer which might have cause the weird behaviour.
That device is more fragile then i thought. Always use your covers!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #58
ttjon
ttjon began at the beginning.

Hi all,

I'm in the similar situation. I try to install XcSoar (app for flying) and can not reboot the e-reader now.

Can anyone send me a image of Clara HDs?
Old 04-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

But, have you tried doing a manual factory reset?
Old 04-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #60
ttjon
ttjon began at the beginning.

Thanks davidfor.

Of course I tried a manual factory reset. But couldn't do anything.
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue