Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #46
KindleLinks
KindleLinks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleLinks View Post
I use kindlemap.net a lot on my Kindle 2. It has a section with buttons for all the navigation stuff, and it puts the google map inside that so you can use it. One day at work I was showing it to someone who had a Kindle 3, and the whole navigation section is missing on the Kindle 3. We could not figure out how to navigate it on the Kindle 3 without that navigation section showing up. Hopefully someone can figure out why.

Getting zoomed sat images on the free kindle browser is a killer app.
So I answered my own question, http://m.vpike.com/ is a second site the kindlemap.net guy has, and it works the same on a Kindle 3 as kindlemap.net does on my Kindle 2.

Hope that helps someone!
KindleLinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #47
Good Hedgehog
Good Hedgehog began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Русскоязычные ссылки для Kindle 3
Russian-language links to Kindle 3
http://izbranoe.narod.ru/Kindle.html
Good Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #48
retroreader
retroreader began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony 505, nook, iphone
Check out www.retroread.com with your Kindle browser. You can browse or search titles and download them directly from your Kindle's browser. It is a "dumbed down" Kindle aware experience.

Accessing www.retroread.com from a normal browser gives you the full site, where you can register and upload your own Google epubs for conversion.

(www.retroread.com is all about converting Google epubs to mobi. There are currently 1500 titles in the library and dozens added daily.)
retroreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #49
infernosian
infernosian began at the beginning.

Custom screensavers for Kindle.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/b...0Screensavers/
http://kindlewallpapers.tumblr.com/

Last edited by infernosian; 01-02-2011 at 01:06 AM.
infernosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #50
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I sometimes use the following for a quick access online ESV Bible (although the ESV is free on Kindle through Amazon).

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/mobile/

The really nice thing--the thing that sets this apart from just using the ESV e-Bible--is that it includes a series of links to different devotional reading plans, which pre-format and load up the days readings for you.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #51
Kindle Worm
Enthusiast
Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Wow... Thanks for all these good links!
Kindle Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #52
dmspen
Enthusiast
dmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
For more reference books and unknown authors, try
www.memoware.com
dmspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
adithyau
adithyau began at the beginning.

Thanks going through all the links
And is there any easy guide regarding jail breaking,tweaking, shell hacking etc for kindle 3
I searched the site but didnt found something useful
would be grateful if someone can point it to me
adithyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #54
eddiek
Enthusiast
eddiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eddiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eddiek has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Thanks for the share Dmspen. I was completely unaware of this site. Definitely will be very useful for me and my girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
For more reference books and unknown authors, try
www.memoware.com
eddiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #55
danan
danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'danan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Thank you so much for all these links! They're going to be really interesting to visit, I foresee.
danan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #56
KindleLinks
KindleLinks began at the beginning.

http://kindletips.slickferret.com
KindleLinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 AM   #57
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Good stuff...keep 'em coming!!!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #58
Shanael
Shanael began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernosian View Post

Any chance you have/could share the password for the kindle wallpapers tumblr?
Shanael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #59
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
http://www.readingthenet.com/

Try it with twp.com.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #60
infernosian
infernosian began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanael View Post
Any chance you have/could share the password for the kindle wallpapers tumblr?
they just locked it. it wasn't locked when at my previous post..
infernosian is offline   Reply With Quote