Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #151
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_reader View Post
I just joined the forum and was looking to upload PDF on the kindle, are you saying that we need to convert all the files to .mobi ? That would be a huge letdown for me...
If you don't want to use Calibre to convert, just write CONVERT in your subject line when you email the content. Amazon will convert it for you. I use both Calibre and Email to Kindle functionality when I send non-Amazon books or fanfiction to my Kindle. And though Kindle CAN read PDFs, I always convert them to make them more functional in terms of font sizing and control of the document
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #152
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
After being down for several months, most of the news links in #145 and #146 again work. And the US weather instructions in #144 again work. Thank you to Robin Gardner for fixes to font-stabilization site www.readingthenet.com.

Here is a readingthenet-enabled url that is a true Link Every Kindle Owner Should Have:

Large Font MobileRead for eInk Kindle
http://www.readingthenet.com/mob?ct=...obileread.mobi
[Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:29 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #153
kindlefire_lover
kindlefire_lover began at the beginning.

Device: KindleFire
Here's a good trick that I use:

I place all my pdfs in my dropbox folder and view them thru their mobile site.

https://www.dropbox.com/mobile‎
kindlefire_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #154
Sven Viking
Capitalist Pig
Sven Viking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4, Touch, Paperwhite
I suggest adding this link to the list:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlegames/

Amazon recently removed links to their Kindle Active Content section for some reason. To my knowledge, the only way to find the list of games and apps for E-Ink Kindles (Paperwhite etc.) is to visit the page directly, now.
Sven Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #155
gamersmile
gamersmile began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Newbie here.
As I cannot find any tag button for the thread here, just leaving a mark in case I need it.
gamersmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #156
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamersmile View Post
Newbie here.
As I cannot find any tag button for the thread here, just leaving a mark in case I need it.
It is at the bottom of the page.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #157
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just because there are no recent posts here doesn't change that the Kindles with free world-wide text-based internet remain the greatest thing since sliced bread (if that was great).

Here's an eInk friendly link for www.realclearbooks.com, a web site with some book reviews, and with more essays about the book business:

http://www.readingthenet.com/mob?ct=...clearbooks.com

Same as the above but easier to type:

[Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR]

You'll notice in the middle of the screen a link for "RCB MOBILE." One might think that the mobile version of the web site works better, but, for this one, I find it worse.

P.S. RCB Mobile is worse, for eInk, because it leads with the book reviews rather than the essays, and some of the reviews, such as from the New York Times, do require a more capable brower.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 AM   #158
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Hi Kubizo The screen changer software link is not working. Does it work with the PW second gen? I don't have special offers.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:44 AM   #159
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer

ReadingTheNet.com Down Due to Demise of http://www.google.com/gwt/x Mobilizer

Most news and weather links, in my posts earlier in this thread, stopped working last month.

This affects all links that use www.readingthenet.com to render compatible web sites for display on the Kindle Keyboard and other simplified browser devices. It is NOT a problem with Robin Gardner's superb-to-me readingthenet.com interface, but with the Google service behind it.

I am posting here as a notification, and as a plea for help.

I have tried, without full success, these alternate mobilizers:

http://mowser.com/

http://mlvb.net/

http://www.googleweblight.com/

The biggest problem with alternative web site simplification tools is tiny default font sizes which I can't figure out how to increase. This is mentioned, for mlvb.net, here:

http://www.googletvforum.org/threads...website.10674/

One can bring up a news or weather web page with a service such as mlvb.net, and then use the Kindle menu to increase the font size for that page. But this has to be done for every followed link, and takes forever. The beauty of the way www.readingthenet.com worked was fast response time.

All ideas appreciated!
Old 06-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #160
PIkaDor
PIkaDor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi. My Kindle was not used for a while and was in the airplane mode. But I found that the battery indicator was slightly reduced. Should the Kindle be discharged when not in use?
PIkaDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:49 AM   #161
Sven Viking
Capitalist Pig
Sven Viking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4, Touch, Paperwhite
It’ll very slowly discharge itself while not in use. That’s normal and nothing to worry about.
Sven Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:53 AM   #162
chanlongcuu
chanlongcuu began at the beginning.

Device: tom
Oa, thanks for all
chanlongcuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #163
dardonardo
dardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi, I do not know if it have been posted, I have been trying to format comics for the kindle but they are many steps and all fairly time consuming. I just discovered this website:

kmanga.net

You subscribe, give your kindle email adress, choose any manga you want to read and the website sends you up to 30 chapters of manga a day. Manga formatted for the kindle, mind you.

All for free. I am a happy camper.
dardonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:57 AM   #164
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
But are they free or pirated?
Calibre is good at formatting, though I import doc, docx, rtf, html (copy & paste from browser window even if a saved file) and such to LibreOffice Writer and save as .odt after reformatting to small page size 5pt margins and suitable fonts/size, then open in Calibre. Very quick & simple. I import other formats direct to Calibre.
I avoid PDF unless it has a text layer that can be exported into LibreOffice Writer.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #165
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
But are they free or pirated?
Calibre is good at formatting, though I import doc, docx, rtf, html (copy & paste from browser window even if a saved file) and such to LibreOffice Writer and save as .odt after reformatting to small page size 5pt margins and suitable fonts/size, then open in Calibre. Very quick & simple. I import other formats direct to Calibre.
I avoid PDF unless it has a text layer that can be exported into LibreOffice Writer.
Calibre's pretty bad when it comes to converting comics (cbz/cbr). These were meant for full page, one page per image, no margins. For comics/manga, I've found Kindle Comic Converter to be the best option.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote