Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #91
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent23 View Post
And here you are still digging in and pretending that 3rd party cases and sleeves are an option for the people who want the quality and functionality of the OG Amazon case.

Just stop, not only are you not being helpful, you are just diggin your hole deeper.
You do not have the right to tell anyone to "stop". You can have any opinion of your own that you wish, but please accept that others can and will disagree with you, and that they're just as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours.

I have the Amazon Oasis 2 cover. Which of us is in a better position to judge its quality and functionality? I'm not "pretending" that third party covers are an option. I'm saying that the reason that Amazon stopped selling their covers is that they just plain don't work for what they're designed for. Therefore third party covers are not merely "an option"; they are the only option.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-13-2018 at 04:22 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #92
violent23
Connoisseur
violent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You do not have the right to tell anyone to "stop". You can have any opinion of your own that you wish, but please accept that others can and will disagree with you, and that they're just as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours.

I have the Amazon Oasis 2 cover. Which of us is in a better position to judge its quality and functionality? I'm not "pretending" that third party covers are an option. I'm saying that the reason that Amazon stopped selling their covers is that they just plain don't work for what they're designed for. Therefore third party covers are not merely "an option"; they are the only option.
Look buddy, I didn't "tell" you to stop anything, I politely asked. You still chose to double down by pretending to ignore the obvious with a troll comment. Behaving as a know it all while simultaneously playing dumb rarely works. Frankly I would like to know why it is you are being so hostile in the first place? There was no need to troll with your second reply to me, and there was no need to drag out the discussion of Amazon not carrying the official cases just to try prove how right your black and white line of thinking is. You brought this upon yourself, I am simply calling you out for it because it is not only unnecessary, but rude.

Also, your experience with the cover was never discussed between me and you because you wanted to pretend you didn't know they existed while claiming how many cases are available. So the fact you are bringing up these points now as though it was something we discussed just shows how deluded you are.

Last edited by violent23; 02-13-2018 at 05:33 PM.
violent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #93
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Everyone just cool it and like I said we are all different and we all have the way we like things and leave it as that.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #94
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Oh, and I still can't get a case either. What is Amazon doing?
Many many pages ago, you started digging your own hole.
Quote:
You brought this upon yourself, I am simply calling you out for it because it is not only unnecessary, but rude.

No, it is you yourself that is to blame. You cannot have it both ways.

As to answer your question about what Amazon is thinking: Amazon is listening to their customers. The majority does NOT like the cover that Amazon made as can be easily seen looking through the reviews. There is even multiple requests asking for the covers to be pulled from sale. In the beginning they did not right away pull the covers from sale, but merely put them on hold by making them "currently unavailable." Eventually they disappeared completely. You really cannot blame Amazon for listening to their customers.

Those that want the covers back as they were are in a minority. The majority does not want to see Amazon covers again until they are "fixed" to their standards. There is nothing wrong with the quality of the covers, they cannot be fixed. The only way to satisfy the ones that complain is to alter the design of them to be something completely different than originally intended.

For Amazon to do nothing is the smartest business move. The only ones that get thrown under the bus are the ones that want the covers as they were.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:37 AM   #95
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As to the 950 sized screen, I much prefer the size of the 6.8” screen like that of the H2O. It just seems more natural. I had an iPhone 5 and I like the size of the 6s much better. It,s a matter of correct aspect ratio and the 950 was just off.
With the 950 I usually read in landscape (horizontal, 2 column) mode. It's comfortable to hold and the page turn button is conveniently placed for easy left-thumb access. I hardly ever read with the 950 in portrait (vertical) mode.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #96
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You end up reading with no protection in public.
We are still talking about reading on a Kindle yes? This is starting to sound like an euphemism.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #97
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
All the cases for all my ereaders with the exception of my Nook Glowlight 3 case are 3rd party cases. I do have a Fire 6 tablet that was given to me to give to someone where I live with an Amazon case and it's fine but no better than the $10 cases I've bought.

I did by the B&N case for my Nook because it was on sale for $15 and there were no other cases available at a lower price. It's a nice case but nothing special.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:07 AM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
We are still talking about reading on a Kindle yes? This is starting to sound like an euphemism.
Kindle? What's that? Some pile of twigs?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #99
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
sorry, but this is not the thread of the new Kindle firmware? are days that goes up to talk about covers and more, open another thread?

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #100
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It should be 3 flashes in a group for the screen refresh. First write the screen white, second write the screen black, third write the screen white. Then the page is displayed. Unless for some reason, the new firmware is delaying between the white/black/white steps, it's hard to see the individual steps.
The first flash usually includes a line of characters down the left side then the next two flashes are the whole page. Its never done it like this before and it feels like its not right when it does it.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:50 AM   #101
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
The first flash usually includes a line of characters down the left side then the next two flashes are the whole page. Its never done it like this before and it feels like its not right when it does it.
I just started noticing the problem on my newly set up Voyage. Upon certain page turns (the occasional full refreshes), the screens flickers several times as if “trying really hard” to do a complete refresh.
Came with the latest firmware.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:33 AM   #102
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Glad its not just me, hopefully its not a new 'feature' and will be fixed in an incremental release.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #103
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I just started noticing the problem on my newly set up Voyage. Upon certain page turns (the occasional full refreshes), the screens flickers several times as if “trying really hard” to do a complete refresh.
Came with the latest firmware.
Turn off the clock.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:30 PM   #104
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Turn off the clock.
Will give it a try.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #105
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Definitely not the clear ghosting routine then. It would be interesting to find out why this is happening and what it is supposed to do.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote