Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #16
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Every so often I have to hit the button twice but it does not happen often
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #17
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent23 View Post
With nowhere to report this bug and the last update in February not fixing it, this is getting old. It still happens to me at least once a night. It's the entire reason I purchased this Kindle. For as much as this thing cost there is no excuse for it to still be an issue 4 months after release. Also, where are the freaking first party covers already. 4 months and they haven't made any new ones with stronger magnets, what the hell?
New covers been out for quite some time.
Advert
Old 02-20-2018, 12:41 AM   #18
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Mine also has buttons that often don’t work on the first press. It is bad enough, that I (an avid button user) have started using the touch screen. The page not turning, interrupts my reading. But I’m not willing to send it off for an exchange, with all the time spent on side loaded books and categories....
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #19
violent23
Connoisseur
violent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
New covers been out for quite some time.
Could you please provide a link to the new first party covers from Amazon for the Kindle Oasis 2017, because I do not see any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Mine also has buttons that often don’t work on the first press. It is bad enough, that I (an avid button user) have started using the touch screen. The page not turning, interrupts my reading. But I’m not willing to send it off for an exchange, with all the time spent on side loaded books and categories....
It is pretty infuriating that Amazon is ignoring this issue. Heck, for the price it should have never released with this bug in the first place. It most definitely interrupts my reading. I'd be better off just buying real books again honestly. I am so tired of the horrible support in this market.

Even better, there is no avenue to report this bug. Why? Oh, and sending your Kindle in would do no good at all. We all suffer from it, either it's software and it can be fixed, or it's hardware and they would have to do a recall. One of these things has a possibility of happening, and it ain't the recall.

Last edited by violent23; 02-20-2018 at 08:04 AM.
violent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #20
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I have experienced the occasional non-responsive button press, as well as a complete freeze of the device when tapping on the display to turn a page, which requires a cycling of the power button. While annoying, it occurs infrequently and does not prevent me from enjoying reading on the device.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2018, 07:01 PM   #21
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I have experienced the button glitch a couple times so far. It either takes a couple more presses or I have to restart it. Then the buttons work again.

Last edited by Wearever; 02-20-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #22
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Could you please provide a link to the new first party covers from Amazon for the Kindle Oasis 2017, because I do not see any.

It is pretty infuriating that Amazon is ignoring this issue. Heck, for the price it should have never released with this bug in the first place. It most definitely interrupts my reading. I'd be better off just buying real books again honestly. I am so tired of the horrible support in this market.

Even better, there is no avenue to report this bug. Why? Oh, and sending your Kindle in would do no good at all. We all suffer from it, either it's software and it can be fixed, or it's hardware and they would have to do a recall. One of these things has a possibility of happening, and it ain't the recall.

I am not sure if its first party but Amazon is promoting these snap in covers. I think it is Casebot??????? as a permanent replacement for their failed covers. There is an article here on it someplace. I got my case on ebay and its fantastic
Old 02-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #23
HLS
Wizard

Quote:

I am perplexed that some people are having this issue to a degree of frustration. Mine only does it once in a blue moon. For me I am not sure if its the device or if im not pressing right
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #24
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I get these periodically too. Only once, the only way to get the buttons back was to do a reset. Usually, I just have to click it again.

If I was having to reset every day, I'd be that frustrated. The other one not so much. Like you, I'm never sure if I didn't press the button correctly (not enough force, only hit the corner, whatever) and caused the problem myself.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #25
WalkingHorse
WalkingHorse began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2nd Gen (and others)
I'm having the same issues. It's driving me batty. Trying to decide if it is worth going through the exchange hassle.
WalkingHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #26
HLS
Wizard

My big issue is some of my devices will not sync. I read on the Oasis but will not sync on my fire tablet but will sync on my ipad or visa versa
Old 02-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #27
violent23
Connoisseur
violent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingHorse View Post
I'm having the same issues. It's driving me batty. Trying to decide if it is worth going through the exchange hassle.
Sadly an exchange won't fix it as it is a software issue. Tapping the screen to turn pages on the Oasis 2 also doesn't register a page turn every time, just like the buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
My big issue is some of my devices will not sync. I read on the Oasis but will not sync on my fire tablet but will sync on my ipad or visa versa

I've also has issues with this recently, though it does seem better the last day or so.
violent23 is offline   Reply With Quote