Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 12:52 AM   #1
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
can't turn on wifi

hello,
I installed the last nightly (http://koreader.ak-team.com, 21 apr for kobo) and i can't turn on wifi. (wanted to test dropbox integration)

cog > network > wifi connection
"do you want to turn on wifi" > Turn on
(at this point, I wait 15 seconds)
Then I got this error :

Failed to initialize network control client : Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant control socket : /var/run/wpa_supplicant/eth0.

do I need to configure a file ?

Regards,
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:04 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Could it be the same issue as https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2750 ?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 06:35 AM   #3
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

I read it before asking. I don't know. For myself, it doesn't work on the second attempt and it doesn't show the "connecting" msg before error.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even if it's not exactly the same issue there still seems to be a common Kobo Glo HD thread. Do you have GitHub account?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
cramoisi
Librarian

nope, but I can create one for science's sake (done, i added my comment on the case)

(especially since i'm now a koreader user thanks to your last commit and roger64 help)

Last edited by cramoisi; 04-25-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard

Welcome to GitHub! I would've copied your info otherwise.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
cramoisi
Librarian

Thanks!! After reading the crash log, i'm wondering if it's not firmware related. I read some closed cases linked to driver path in some old firmware. For myself I'm still in 3.19.X when new KA1 and such are 4.X.

(i looked at the file in the firmware (3.19.5761) and there is no file for my first warning :
insmod: can't read '/drivers/ntx508/wifi/sdio_wifi_pwr.ko': No such file or directory
and there is a file there (and the above file is in the same folder) :
insmod: can't insert '/drivers/mx6sl-ntx/wifi/dhd.ko': invalid parameter

so i'm thinking :
Another fact too (but i throw it for what it is, perhaps useless), I launch koreader with advboot so nickel doesn't run before koreader.

Last edited by cramoisi; 04-26-2017 at 01:28 AM. Reason: checking
Old 04-26-2017, 03:32 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

I was on 3.12 (on H2O) until just a month or so ago when I decided to test some 32-bit stuff for myself, although I never quite got around to that in practice. Anyway, the only real change I'm aware of since 2014-ish in the non-Nickel part of these devices is the recent introduction of 32-bit.

This wifi stuff is simply a variable supplied by the system (see here), so is it possible that advboot somehow sets it incorrectly?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:58 AM   #9
cramoisi
Librarian

nope i don't think it change and advboot just run inside the init.d/rcS like that (in bold inside the code):

Code:
# advboot: initialization scripts
for ADVFILE in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/advboot/init_run/*.sh
do
    $ADVFILE ===> displaying image which let choose between nickel and koreader
done

( usleep 400000; /etc/init.d/on-animator.sh ) &

(
	/usr/local/Kobo/pickel disable.rtc.alarm

if [ ! -e /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ]; then
		cp /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.template /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
	fi

/sbin/hwclock -s -u
) &

INTERFACE=wlan0
WIFI_MODULE=ar6000
if [ $PLATFORM != freescale ]; then
	INTERFACE=eth0
	WIFI_MODULE=dhd
fi

export PLATFORM
export PRODUCT
export INTERFACE
export WIFI_MODULE

export NICKEL_HOME=/mnt/onboard/.kobo
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Kobo
export WIFI_MODULE_PATH=/drivers/$PLATFORM/wifi/$WIFI_MODULE.ko
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

/bin/dbus-uuidgen > /var/lib/dbus/machine-id
/bin/dbus-daemon --system &
export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=`/bin/dbus-daemon --session --print-address --fork`

# advboot: scripts exectuted before nickel and hindenburg
for ADVFILE in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/advboot/pre_run/*.sh
do
    $ADVFILE ==> run koreader
done

/usr/local/Kobo/hindenburg &
/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -platform kobo -skipFontLoad &
[ $PLATFORM != freescale ] && rm -rf /dev/mmcblk1* && udevadm trigger &
insmod /drivers/$PLATFORM/misc/lowmem.ko &
[ `cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo\ eReader.conf | grep -c dhcpcd=true` == 1 ] && dhcpcd -d -t 10 &

# advboot: scripts exectuted after nickel and hindenburg
for ADVFILE in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/advboot/post_run/*.sh
do
    $ADVFILE i do nothing here
done
Old 04-26-2017, 04:54 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard

I suspect the no file warning is harmless and invalid parameter might well be KOReader's fault. houqp implemented that stuff, so hopefully he'll know.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #11
cramoisi
Librarian

So, I just installed KSM8 (without the patch) and the latest nightly and I got no problem at all with wifi (it autoconnected with nickel setting) or with dropbox access.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Frenzie
Wizard

Hm, I'm not aware of KSM doing anything special in that area.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #13
cramoisi
Librarian

yup, i suspect advboot to run koreader too early. But anyway, advboot is not practical with koreader cause you need to reboot to get into nickel for using the reader as usb storage. KSM is much more speedy for that so i switched.