Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
AshitSarkar
AshitSarkar began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Providing Book Cover page with a Hyperlink

Metadata provides the ability to insert an image from my files as the cover page of a book very easily.

I want a cover page (without any other following pages as a book) so that on clicking the relevant webpage opens instead of the book. I have not been able to do so and would request advice from the experts for help. I use a Mac and am currently having the OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and am more of an amateur. If a hyperlink can be added to an image and such image can be used as the Cover page I would be delighted.
Will appreciate the response to sarkarsweet@gmail.com

Last edited by AshitSarkar; 08-06-2018 at 10:41 AM.
AshitSarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A "cover page" in what?

A book format file like EPUB or PDF, the cover displayed in the library book details panel/cover grid/cover browser, or on your device?

BTW: I don't respond to messages posted on public bulletin boards via email.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshitSarkar View Post
Metadata provides the ability to insert an image from my files as the cover page of a book very easily.

I want a cover page (without any other following pages as a book) so that on clicking the relevant webpage opens instead of the book. I have not been able to do so and would request advice from the experts for help. I use a Mac and am currently having the OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and am more of an amateur. If a hyperlink can be added to an image and such image can be used as the Cover page I would be delighted.
In an epub you can do it. Just make a book with the cover as the only thing in it. The wrap the appropriate link tag around the image and have it point to wherever you want to go. That should work, but it will be up to the actual ereader app or device to handle this. Some probably won't.
Quote:
Will appreciate the response to sarkarsweet@gmail.com
I'm with BR on this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #4
AshitSarkar
AshitSarkar began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Thank you for your advice, Davidfor & BetterRed. However, I have managed to bypass the need for a cover with a hyperlink (jpg) by including another page in doc or pdf format that can include a hyperlink to meet the need.
Appreciate your help.
AshitSarkar is offline   Reply With Quote