Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #46
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Thank you for all Cherryh recommendations.
I have bought the Paladin because of good reviews, but also because it, as far as I can see, is not part of a series.
It's a member of a rare category Fantasy without Magic
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #47
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
There is a sequel, but it was written much later. Paladin is very much a stand alone book.
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that.

Could you give me title please.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:28 AM   #48
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post

It's just The Paladin.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:46 AM   #49
Kyle Connor
Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My personal favorite or rather my "perfect author" (Just my opinion) has to be the one Margaret Atwood who's written stuff like The Handmaid's Tale, The Blind Assasin, MadAddam, Alias Grace, Life before man and many more.
Kyle Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #50
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post

Hum, I seem to be in error. I could have sworn there was a Paladin II, but I seem to have confused The Paladin by Cherryh, with Paladins by Joel Rosenberg, both from Baen Books. That series has a Paladins and Paladins II.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 AM   #51
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hum, I seem to be in error. I could have sworn there was a Paladin II, but I seem to have confused The Paladin by Cherryh, with Paladins by Joel Rosenberg, both from Baen Books. That series has a Paladins and Paladins II.
No problem. It is easily done and has cut short my search for the sequel.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote