Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #10021
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy J7, & an iPod Nano.
And here's more cruelty:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FDF043A-92C1-4AAA-BAF9-62766851040D.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	162471

Ain't I a ?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:54 AM   #10022
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
That first one reminds me of my HS physics teacher's favorite "latin" saying:

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #10023
orlok
Revision Cycle 5
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
That first one reminds me of my HS physics teacher's favorite "latin" saying:

Semper ubi sub ubi.
(had to look it up)
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #10024
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
I believe I prefer commando, thanks.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #10025
orlok
Revision Cycle 5
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Too much information.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #10026
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
i.e. Nunquam ubi sub ubi
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #10027
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
A man walked into a branch of the Antelope Valley Bank and handed a teller a note demanding money. The man had one hand in his pocket, as if holding a gun, so the teller began handing over the contents of her cash drawer.

When she had forked over $7,000 the robber said, "That's enough" and walked out the door.

It's hard to find a bank robber who knows when he's had enough.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #10028
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A746, Entourage Pocket eDGe, HP Slate 7 4200en
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
When she had forked over $7,000 the robber said, "That's enough" and walked out the door.

It's hard to find a bank robber who knows when he's had enough.
Back in the 80's, I worked in a back office function of a major bank. A story made the rounds about an attempted robbery at one of our branches.

The robber came in and handed a note to a teller stating it was a holdup and give him her money. The teller, a middle aged black woman, said "I'm sorry sir. We don't do that here. You'll have to go the the other bank down the block!", put out her Closed sign, and walked away from her window.

He did go rob the competitor's branch down the block. (And I think he got arrested by the NYPD on his way out, because our branch called them and reported it.)

Everyone who heard the story wished they could be as cool as the teller.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:17 AM   #10029
orlok
Revision Cycle 5

Click image for larger version

Name:	28379793_10156209574181672_3897358909520774808_n.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	162555
Old 03-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #10030
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the physics exam: 'Describe the universe in 200 words and give three examples.'
Old 03-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #10031
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A frightened passenger said to me "how often do these planes crash"? I said "only the once".
Old 03-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #10032
wodin
Illiterate

I hate flying, especially modern jets as most only have TWO engines, if both broke down you could be stuck up there for days !!!!!
Old 03-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #10033
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
Why does a chicken coop have two doors? Because if it had four doors it will be a chicken sedan! lol

<------ Being a bird owner I had to tell it
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #10034
poohbear_nc
It's a bird, it's a ....
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Why does a chicken coop have two doors? Because if it had four doors it will be a chicken sedan! lol

<------ Being a bird owner I had to tell it
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:10 AM   #10035
drjd
The Couch Potato

For two solid hours, the lady sitting next to a man on an airplane had told him about her grandchildren. She had even produced a plastic-foldout photo album of all nine of the children.

She finally realized that she had dominated the entire conversation on her grandchildren.

"Oh, I've done all the talking, and I'm so sorry. I know you certainly have something to say. Please, tell me... what do you think of my grandchildren?"