Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Problem installing new firmware.

I've just installed the new firmware and made sure I read through the "how to install new firmware" thread first.

I copied the unpacked update file to my card, turned off my reader, held the center and upper page turn buttons at the same time I turned the reader back on. I did not let got of either button until it told me the update was successful.

The reader then restart itself after telling me to press the center button. I DID NOT need to press the center button for it to restart, it restarted before I even let go of the button.

When I went in to check if the firmware had updated, my reader still shows that I'm using the 14.2 firmware.

How is that possible, and what did I do wrong?

I also made sure I had no old firmware updates on my card or reader. I'm baffled.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I think you are holding the 3 buttons too long. I had the same problem. Hold the 3 buttons and as soon as you see text on the screen let go of the buttons. Then it will do its thing checking the firmware. Then it will ask you to click the center button. Click the center button and it will update. And then reboot on its own.

The first time I read the instructions on how to update the firmware the way it was written made it sound like I had to hold the buttons until I received instructions to let them go. Thats not the case. Just let the buttons go right away as soon as you see text.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 05-31-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 AM   #3
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
The first time I read the instructions on how to update the firmware the way it was written made it sound like I had to hold the buttons until I received instructions to let them go. Thats not the case. Just let the buttons go right away as soon as you see text.
That's exactly how I read it, and that's what I did. I'll try and see how I go.

I did it the same way that I did the last firmware update and that one worked first time, so it's weird!

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll update if it works.

ETA: It worked perfectly! Thanks Guns

Last edited by IndecisiveMe; 05-31-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
That's exactly how I read it, and that's what I did. I'll try and see how I go.

I did it the same way that I did the last firmware update and that one worked first time, so it's weird!

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll update if it works.

ETA: It worked perfectly! Thanks Guns
I'll check if you downloaded the right update file, if I were you.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I'll check if you downloaded the right update file, if I were you.
Don't you think that would have been the first thing I did? Yes it was the right update.

And I edited my post saying that it was now working after Guns advice before your post, so obviously it was the right update.

Thanks, though.
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Don't you think that would have been the first thing I did? Yes it was the right update.

And I edited my post saying that it was now working after Guns advice before your post, so obviously it was the right update.

Thanks, though.
Sorry. This thing has happened to me, so I thought maybe it has to you, too
Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Can anyone explain the upgrade procedure for the PB302? All I get is a message about "sicherheitsmodus" but nothing happens.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Can anyone explain the upgrade procedure for the PB302? All I get is a message about "sicherheitsmodus" but nothing happens.
Sure.
You put the swupdate.bin on the card (copy & paste).
Plug in with power or usb cable
Turn on 302
Hold the big sidebuttons (both) until text shows up on screen
Do what the onscreen text tells you (i.e push central button once, wait, reset)
Bingo!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Sure.
You put the swupdate.bin on the card (copy & paste).
Plug in with power or usb cable
Turn on 302
Hold the big sidebuttons (both) until text shows up on screen
Do what the onscreen text tells you (i.e push central button once, wait, reset)
Bingo!
Before you do any of this, you might want to back up the directories that are on the PB to your PC. You can then selectively restore them and have it remember some of your previous settings. You can also restore any books you have stored on internal memory because those will be gone after the upgrade.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote