Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-09-2007, 04:57 AM   #46
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Thanks for the tip, I saw one book I was looking at that was about 5 dollars cheaper there.

Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #47
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Hee Karel, well, okay, it's gone now, so And yes, I do understand, didn't want to make it very public at 1st, but some people were asking for it... Pitty though, I know there are plenty of people like me who didn't buy DRM'd ebooks, now I do...

Aenea

Fair chance you could double their sales of mobipocket only books!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Here's a tool I wrote a while ago for myself which does not use any of Mobipocket's code. Python implementation is not too fast but gets the job done. Was planning to use it for adding secure mobi support to FBReader once I get around to porting it but I guess the cat is out of bag now...

Right now it only decrypts. I do have an implementation of Mobi Huff decompressor but there's some bug in it which causes wrong output at the end of decompressed text... If anyone is willing to debug it, I'll send the source.

Version 0.1
I can help beta test. I have a book that has such encoding that your program fails with. I don't think I can sort out the code issue though.

Quote:
[e:\e-books\mobipocket]demobi.bat itshourcomeround4.prc
demobi.py itshourcomeround4.prc XJ6M28H$B2
Mobipocket decoder v0.1. Copyright (c) 2007 Igor Skochinsky
Encryption: 2
compression: huffman
Mobi publication type: 2
Mobi format version: 4
Decrypting........................................ .........done.
Output written to out.mobi
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #49
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
I made a new version v0.4, it's at http://aenea.xs4all.nl/ and it does not contain any copyrighted code from either iRex or Mobipocket...

It is a bit more difficult to get all the necessary files though...

And as for the DMCA, well, I can, as a non-US citizin circumvent a DRM legally...

Aenea
I'd like to know if this works on Windows XP. I am really interested in this app, but I can't make heads or tails on this.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #50
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I was able to get v0.4 working under Linux, but not under Windows XP.

If there was no prospect of a solution free of MobiPocket code, then the next obvious step would be to add a simple GUI interface that accessed the existing run.bat script to make it easier to use. This would not help with finding the MobiPocket Java files though.

Since there is a good chance that someone will come up with a stand-alone program to crack MobiPocket files, I suggest waiting a while to see what becomes available.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #51
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Wallcraft! I thought that some of the commands seemed like Linux.

Ellen
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #52
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I'd like to know if this works on Windows XP. I am really interested in this app, but I can't make heads or tails on this.

Ellen
The run.bat is for windows and the run.sh is for Linux... You have to run it from the command-line though...

1) Extract the mp-0.4.zip (or mp-0.3.zip) to C:\mp
2) install Sun's Java JRE (-> java.sun.com)
3) Start menu->Run->cmd.exe
4) C:
5) cd \mp
6) run.bat <prc file> <your PID> <output dir>

<output dir> only wit 0.4 not 0.3...

Aenea

PS. It also runs on Mac OSX or any other platform running Java...
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd like to know how to get version 0.4 to run under Windows please. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #54
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd like to know how to get version 0.4 to run under Windows please. Thanks.
See the post above you. It's very simple as long as Java is installed correctly.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
See the post above you. It's very simple as long as Java is installed correctly.
I have Java properly installed. But I get the following error message...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aenea/mobipocket/MobiDecoder
Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #56
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
It sounds like you don't have the java viewer from the iLiad in the directory.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
It sounds like you don't have the java viewer from the iLiad in the directory.
When it was available I did download the java viewer. But how do I get it out of that container format it's in?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #58
imaredr
Collector

Quote:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aenea/mobipocket/MobiDecoder
I got the same error

Ellen
Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #59
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:

the run.bat looks for decoder.zip, MobipocketCoreReader.jar and irex.jar in the same directory as your run.bat... If any one of them is not there it will not work...

Aenea
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #60
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
the run.bat looks for decoder.zip, MobipocketCoreReader.jar and irex.jar in the same directory as your run.bat... If any one of them is not there it will not work...

Aenea
So the next question is where are these files? I have no Linux experience and the following directions is where I am thrown. I believe it is for linux so what is the equivalent for Windows? The directions are:

Mount the file app.image as a filesystem image: sudo mount app.image /mnt -o loop
- Copy the needed jar files: cp /mnt/home/intent/*.jar /usr/bin
- Unmount: sudo umount /mnt
- Unzip mp.zip
- Copy run.sh and decoder.zip to /usr/bin

If you have put the script and/or the decoder.zip/jar files not in /usr/bin, you will have to change the run.sh script file.

Ellen