Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #46
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Glad to see you were able to get things working!

For future reference, and I'm sorry I didn't think of mentioning it before you went to all this trouble, the easy "fix" for this particular problem seems to be to just omit the colons from your chapter title text in the NCX if they're not really necessary.

No one will ever see the titles anyway unless they drag your mobi to KPreviewer, and for some reason KindleGen just seems to have a random problem with colons in the <text> sometimes.

But at least you've figured out how to deal with it in future books where you want to keep the colons around.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #47
petercrowell
Connoisseur
petercrowell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It appears that I've successfully completed my first ebook for kindle!

Thanks so much to everyone for all the great help. Especially ATDrake! You stuck with me every step of the way!
petercrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert