Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
NekoGurrl
NekoGurrl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Organizing files?

I broke down this weekend and bought myself the Sony PRS600, going thru the learning curve on it. Previously had used both Palm and recently the iPhone for ebook reading, but wanted to move up to something that would last more than 2-3 hours.

! Had planned to get the PRS300, but the memory expansion option on the 600 won me over. I can just pop it out, copy some RTF files onto it and pop it back in. The only drawback I can see is that there is no folder structure I have been able to find unless you go thru the sony software and create categories. With over 95 files on it now, makes finding what I want somewhat difficult.
NekoGurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Download Calibre

After adding books to the software, populate the Tags field of each ebook and when you copy to the Reader each Tag will be created as a 'Collection'. A single book can be in multiple Collections.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
NekoGurrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
After adding books to the software, populate the Tags field of each ebook and when you copy to the Reader each Tag will be created as a 'Collection'. A single book can be in multiple Collections.
Thanks for the quick reply! I have used Calibre before on my iPhone with Stanza. This will work with any file type then.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
It should handle most formats. Search around a little bit and hopefully you can find a complete list of formats supported.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
NekoGurrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
It should handle most formats. Search around a little bit and hopefully you can find a complete list of formats supported.
I'll be working mostly with epub, pdf and rtf. Started playing with In Design last night after I found it will output epub. Working on converting my departments technical documents to that format. My project over the xmas holiday season.
Advert