Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #32
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
I assume the image is copywrited and therefore cannot be posted?

My Aura HD froze during an update this morning and now is a blank screen that flashes 2x when I turn it off but no amount of reset activity brings it to life.
I was hoping to be able to try the disk image restore described in these forums.
My unit is past warranty.

Thanks in advance
Advert
Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The image contains the Kobo firmware. At least part of that will be licensed. Parts of it is under one of the open source licences. As such, it shouldn't be made generally available. But, I consider making it available to people with the devices not a bad thing. If Kobo say something about it, that might change.

As to the problem, have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2842901 for instructions. In case that doesn't work, I have sent you a PM with the link.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #34
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
Thank you, davidfor.
I was unable to to a factory reset. Maybe because I had modified the software for android on the micro SD card.
Anyway, I was able to restore my Aura HD with the image you provided and I went through the reset procedure and the update and the darn thing froze again after the update! Blank screen! Flashes 2x when turning off but otherwise nothing!
But this time, I am able to perform the factory restore! Now if I can just figure out why it won't take to latest update from Kobo!
OK, the two updates that froze were performed using the Kobo Desktop software. When I perform the update via wi-fi..........Success!
Thank you, it looks like all is working again.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 AM   #35
tamya
tamya began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo kobo aura hd onyx t68
Unhappy

Hello
I bricked my kobo auda hd, can anyone send me the card image?
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 03:21 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 07-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #37
kire1980
kire1980 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

I also managed to brick my Kobo Aura HD. Could anyone please send me the SD card image as well ?

Many thanks!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 07-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #39
kire1980
kire1980 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks a lot! My kobo is working fine again
Old 08-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #40
nikto
nikto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nikto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nikto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nikto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 , Koboa Aura One
Hello
I bricked my kobo auda hd, can anyone send me the card image

nikto
Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #42
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Is it also possible to send a link of the card image of Aura HD ( I asked for the glo to ) just to have when something wents wrong ?
Old 08-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PMs sent.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
rwesterh
Baka
rwesterh began at the beginning.

Device: Touch HD / N204B
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PMs sent.
Funny story. In an enthousiastic attempt to add something that would enable ownCloud to sync files to my Aura HD I used a new, cloned SD card to work with.
Once I messed that up, it refused to boot. So hey, lets get the original card and OH NO CAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Soo... can I be That Guy and ask for a link, too? Much appreciated :3
Old 09-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. And there was no laughter involved while I was sending it. I promise
Closed Thread