Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #781
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoalejandro View Post
thanks man that is!! now its solved!!! i prefer the older firmware 2.6 than 4.xx
Glad it works. But, you couldn't get me back to 2.6 if you paid me*. I might go to 3.19, but not anything older.

* Though, as I tell people at work, I can be bribed. Unfortunately, they seem to think a cup of coffee is enough. I suppose they know me to well.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #782
Nicoalejandro
Nicoalejandro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Glad it works. But, you couldn't get me back to 2.6 if you paid me*. I might go to 3.19, but not anything older.

* Though, as I tell people at work, I can be bribed. Unfortunately, they seem to think a cup of coffee is enough. I suppose they know me to well.

at the end I discovered this method and do it with my original firmware to keep the account and the serial number

Performing a manual factory reset
If a basic reset and a factory reset don't work, you can try a manual factory reset to restore your eReader to its original settings. After a manual factory reset, you'll need to set up and sync your eReader again. Before you perform a manual factory reset, charge your eReader for at least four hours.

If possible, turn off your eReader.
Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try holding the power button to the right until you see Powered off on your screen.
Press and hold the light button.
While holding the light button, slide the power button to the right several times to turn on your eReader.
Continue holding the light button and wait until the power light blinks rapidly.
Let go of the light button.
You'll see a Restoring message on the screen.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:12 AM   #783
Tonysd
Tonysd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Could someone send me a copy of the image please?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:18 AM   #784
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysd View Post
Could someone send me a copy of the image please?
Which Kobo Touch do you have, N905, N905B, or N905C? The N905 has fixed internal memory, and there is no image for it. Once we know which of the other two it is, we can send you the correct image file.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:32 AM   #785
Tonysd
Tonysd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which Kobo Touch do you have, N905, N905B, or N905C? The N905 has fixed internal memory, and there is no image for it. Once we know which of the other two it is, we can send you the correct image file.
N905C. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:56 AM   #786
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:34 AM   #787
maverickronny
maverickronny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisental View Post
I seem to have a very similar problem with an Aura H2O (original). I tried replacing cards using my own image and davidfor's image, which worked for a few minutes but froze again. Now the LED is constantly on when I press the button, no flashing. Pressing for 10-20 seconds shuts it off, including the LED. I checked the original SD card for errors and it seems ok, also, the battery does seem to work so I guess this is a hardware issue of some kind.

If you ever find a solution, please let me know.
suddenly after few days it has woken up from the dead, been using it few weeks, no issues, now i ended up with kindle and kobo
Old 11-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #788
LotusElise
LotusElise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Hello!

I'm having trouble with my Kobo N905C and would like the image to rewrite the SD card, would someone be so kind?
Old 11-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #789
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:11 AM   #790
Respal
Respal began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino page
A fail with my tolino page

i understand, that it's probably not the right place to ask about my ereader.. but it's the last chance. i also need the original image of SD card or maybe some other images could be running on tolino page. many thanks in advance for help or advices
Old 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM   #791
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, I've never seen an image for of the Tolino devices. I have a vague memory that the image or something from one of the devices could be used on the other. But, I don't remember which way or which devices were involved.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #792
fricheto
fricheto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Unfortunately, I can't help you. My Kobo Touch is :

FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C

Good luck :-)
Scusa se lo chiedo cosi, ma al mio n905c si è corrotta la sd
potresti mandarmi anche a me l' .img.
grazie mille e buon fine 2017
Fricheto
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM   #793
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #794
philipp.ni
philipp.ni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Touch
Hi,

unfortunately I also somehow broke the sdcard of my N905C and could use an image. Can someone do me the favour and send it to me?

Regards,
Philipp
Old 01-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #795
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread