Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 01:50 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
@BetterRed, where did you find the price column under Get Books? I couldn't find it.
Betwixt Title and DRM

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	157927

As you can see nothing for amazon.au.

Quote:
For older books, this isn't an option for me as price is shifting but for new books it would be a good idea...
Curious, if you have the e-book why do you care about price now or in the past, it's not as though e-books are an asset you can insure or depreciate**

Added: ** maybe one can if one's daddy is a deputy commissioner at the ATO

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-14-2017 at 03:19 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:36 PM   #17
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Betwixt Title and DRM

As you can see nothing for amazon.au.
That is strange. I actually do get prices from amazon.au. Or least when I did a test, I did. I wonder why I do but you don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Curious, if you have the e-book why do you care about price now or in the past, it's not as though e-books are an asset you can insure or depreciate**
I don't want to know but I do. I actually would like to know how much I spend on books and if there are any patterns with my spending. I know I have bought a lot more in recent years.

Regarding insuring the ebooks, I don't see why you couldn't include it in your home contents insurance. You could either include it as a individual item or grouped with rest of contents...I'm not sure if anyone does that. But I guess if you know how much your ebooks are worth, you could put a price on them. But then if they can be found on the cloud (Amazon/iBooks) then you probably wouldn't need insurance would you as can always get them back...
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 04:14 AM   #18
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
That is strange. I actually do get prices from amazon.au. Or least when I did a test, I did. I wonder why I do but you don't...
I actually updated the amazon plugins after reading this topic
But for the time being you don't have a way to import the price in calibre I think.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Probably because you were logged into Amazon and I wasn't.

Quote:
[. . .]Regarding insuring the ebooks, I don't see why you couldn't include it in your home contents insurance.
If your home was rented you wouldn't/couldn't insure it. As a general rule one can only insure items in which one has equity.

If one purchases a printed book at Dymocks one has equity in that copy of that book, hence one can lawfully sell it to Goulds, or put it into a streetside library for others to read. But putting an ebook on eBay or giving it to a passer-by is most likely unlawful because the right to read is non-transferable.

Quote:
[. . .] But then if they can be found on the cloud (Amazon/iBooks) then you probably wouldn't need insurance would you as can always get them back...
Precisely

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote