Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 04:37 AM   #1
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
cleaning up files?

I turned wifi on to update Pocket contents, and realized that kobo was updating the F/W - I was still on 4.6... I tried to prevent the reader updating by deleting the downloaded updating files, but must have missed something because I found myself with the initial screen for new devices.
I had to redo everything, modify all parameters, reimport fonts and dictionaries etc. and patch (I implemented for the first time "do not update").
Luckily my books were still there, which did save a lot a time (I have 3600 books), but I was pleasantly surprised the available space was 2.5 Gb instead of 1.5 before the incident. I suppose most of it must be the covers, but I haven't opened enough books yet to make an impact, and I hope it did clean up files (I clean up extra covers often so that wasn't it).
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Some of that could be space in the database that you've recovered. You could also have lost any highlights/notes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert