Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #106
azlurz
azlurz began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad v2
Is there anyway to know verify that both batteries are connected?
azlurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #107
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I just replaced the original batteries with two new 1500 mAh.

The new capacity is slightly more than the original batteries, and the original battery gauge program can provide me with roughly 7 hours reading. Not perfect, but acceptable.

To completely harness the new battery capacity, I am researching the battery kernel module program. With jharker's detailed instruction, I learned a lot. It's really clever to calculate capacity by monitoring voltage variation.

Now, I have one question. The original battery kernel module monitors battery capacity by a variable charge_status. Ideally, I expect the calculation is done in battery.o, and I can modify battery.o to accomodate my new batteries. In the source code, I can't see any line specific to the original capacity (2200 mAh). That means, the data sent to battery.o is calculated based on 2200mAh. How can it be so? I guess that's why Jharker had to monitor battery capacity through voltage variable.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #108
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
can I use the lithium ion (without Polymer) batteries ?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote