Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
How much for the White Luxury Cover

I failed to buy the cover before the Irex store closed. So now I have located a 3rd party store which is selling the "white luxury cover". Just a question to all of you who have bought the cover from the Irex store, how much was it? Euro 49.95?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
TeknoKid
TeknoKid began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
The only cover I have seen available recently is from '8musicbox' from Shanghai on eBay selling tons of "Leather case for IREX DR800 DR800SG DR 800 eBook Reader".. its a black leather cover.. actually looks fairly good.. I'm flirting with getting it myself.. $50 with free shipping.
TeknoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
It looks pretty well, but...
Quote:
Excludes: Africa, Central America and Caribbean, Russian Federation, Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican City State, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Taiwan, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon
LOL, even Czech Republic is considered to be a third-world country.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not bad, but so big. The ideal cover for me should be as small as possible, to keep the device portable. The Irex cover fits just right and also uses the pinholes. I found a seller in the UK, but I think he charges more than Irex was previously selling it for, that is why I was checking.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 AM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
It looks pretty well, but...

LOL, even Czech Republic is considered to be a third-world country.
Even Luxembourg and Switzerland..... Well, for the Chinese only China counts.
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #6
javifields
Enthusiast
javifields began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800S
Yes HansTWN, I paid 49.95€ in the Spanish distributor of Irex.
javifields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
Innobrain
Innobrain began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800S
I can confirm €49,95. Initially I thought it was quite expensive, but it's worth it! It not only protects the reader but also improves ergonomics! I rather read with the leather case then without, it give more options to get e good grip.
Innobrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I failed to buy the cover before the Irex store closed. So now I have located a 3rd party store which is selling the "white luxury cover". Just a question to all of you who have bought the cover from the Irex store, how much was it? Euro 49.95?
That sounds right. Yes, it was expensive, but functionally it works very well.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
TeknoKid

I just bought that black leather one off eBay.. I went to look at it again and the price had dropped to $42.. I'll let you guys know what its like when it gets here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290456363816
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
HansTWN
Wizard

Thanks to everybody for you help! Well, I would rather pay a little more and have something that fits just right, rather than buy a gigantic monster of a cover and then lug around something the size of the DR1000.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
TeknoKid

Quote:
Thanks to everybody for you help! Well, I would rather pay a little more and have something that fits just right, rather than buy a gigantic monster of a cover and then lug around something the size of the DR1000.

So did you end up ordering that "white luxury cover" one you found? Does this store have any other DR800 items?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoKid View Post
So did you end up ordering that "white luxury cover" one you found? Does this store have any other DR800 items?
They say they get some within a few weeks. Yes, you can check them out totalreaders.com and Iliadreader.com. Totalreaders does not ship outside Europe and I want VAT back.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
TeknoKid

Quote:
They say they get some within a few weeks. Yes, you can check them out totalreaders.com and Iliadreader.com. Totalreaders does not ship outside Europe and I want VAT back.
I can't get either of those sites to come up.. can you post a link?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoKid View Post
I can't get either of those sites to come up.. can you post a link?
The dreaded typos struck again. It should be http://www.totalereaders.com and
www.iliadreader.co.uk.

As mentioned, totalereaders are a little cheaper but have stated they ship to EU only. And Iliadreader post a lower shipping cost, so it comes out to be the same total cost in the end.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
TeknoKid

I never really cared for styling of the Luxury White cover.. It's too bad none of the 3rd party case makers took advantage of the retention pins. I have been using an M-Edge Latitude jacket which I like except for the tabs which hold the corners of the reader in the jacket. The leather one on eBay seems to enclose all the edges.. I would much rather have a cover with the pins but with IREX’s current status it seems like I might be out of luck.