Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
Once I have consolidated my books, is there any reason to keep multiple formats
Your choice, but I keep them all. Conversion is never perfect, and I never know what format will work best for me. Storage is cheap.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
If I try to use the search feature of Calibre to find similar titles to merge them, then I "lose" the "processed" tag I set and now the processed books show up in the list.
Tip: when using the tag browser to select multiple tags hold down the shift or ctrl while selecting tags. This allows you to select multiple tags.

Quote:
Once I have consolidated my books, is there any reason to keep multiple formats (e.g., txt, lit, mobi, pdf) of the same book? If not, I assume I want to just keep the lit formats where available??
I have a disk of source files that I never delete. I move a well formatted version of the book I want to add to calibre then convert to epub. Once I have a final version of an ePub suitable and edited for my device(s) I remove any other version from calibre. This is my preference, to keep my library as small as possible because I use Dropbox and thus limited space. I currently have about 1600 books and they take up about 1 gig of drive space.

Many folks keep 1 copy of every format they have in calibre. Either way most of us keep original source files as backup.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert