Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
radub
radub began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Thumbs up Calibre has a black window at start [SOLVED]

Hello all,
I got a bug after updating to the latest Calibre on Linux - the program appears as an overstretched window that can't be resized laterally (where it goes way offscreen), but only vertically, where it fits normally. Also, it won't work with KDE4 compositing enabled, it has a black window, whereas the previous version ran just fine. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling after a clean delete, it didn't changed.
I use Ubuntu Linux 9.10 Karmic, I've installed calibre with the binary install command found at calibre-ebook.com/download_linux. Also I've tried to install the Ubuntu version (wich is older), no change. Before the upgrade, I had no problems with calibre and compositing, resize, etc.

Last edited by radub; 04-11-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Mark as SOLVED
radub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
delete (or rename) ~/.config/calibre

you will lose your settings, but if it fixes the problem you can try restoring them one file ata time until you discover which file is causing the problem. Most likely are dynamic.pickle and gui.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
radub
radub began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Thank you - this solved my problem! I thought of deleting the config file, bout coudn't find it, I was looking for a file/folder named ".calibre"...
radub is offline   Reply With Quote