Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Opus price

I wonder what is the commercial sense for Bookeen of selling the Opus on their website at 250 €, and at the same time showing an advertisement of an american site selling the same at 199$ (which, is roughly 150€, tax not included, of course). As it is a US, and we European can't buy from them, it seems only a tantalizing hint that the price could be lower, but sorry, Europe will never have them so low.
Or could be it a hint price is lowering soon ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Europe will never have them so low.
Or could be it a hint price is lowering soon ?
No, just that euro / dollard conversions are as weird as dollard / euros conversion...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Pixmania is selling them at 199€ if i'm correct. Anyway they are not directly responsible of the price the reseller do..
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bear in mind that the EU price includes the 19.6% French VAT rate. The US price (obviously) does not. That accounts for some of the price difference.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:02 AM   #5
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Yes, that pricing puzzled me a lot too. Since I'm in Singapore (Asia), when I tried to buy from the Bookeen website, they wanted to charge me 210€ (~ S$440). I bought my set from Fry's website in the US and it cost me $180 (~S$255). The € price is nearly 50% more expensive.
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Pixmania is selling them at 199€ if i'm correct. Anyway they are not directly responsible of the price the reseller do..
You're correct. A friend of mine is going to purchase it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's another thing which puzzles me more. It's the first rss message I receive in months.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
There's another thing which puzzles me more. It's the first rss message I receive in months.
What do you mean???
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I have a RSS suscription to Bookeen blog and the notice about this price is the only one which has arrived in a lot of time.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even then, 150 + 20% of 150 = 180, still far away from 250.
It's just the marketing message I do not understand. What should it convey to whoever reads it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Bear in mind that the EU price includes the 19.6% French VAT rate. The US price (obviously) does not. That accounts for some of the price difference.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
lovelyloey
Enthusiast

So this may mean the price is not internationally controlled, but locale controlled in the sense it is marked to suit the standard of living / spending power of the countries involved. Since coffee costs $4 in the states and 4€ (is that true?) in Europe, readers should be priced that way too.
(I have such warped logic)
Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #12
brudigia
Evangelist

At least in Italy coffe is about 1.20 €, in some places as low as below 1 €.
In normal bars, can't say about restaurants or fancy places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyloey View Post
So this may mean the price is not internationally controlled, but locale controlled in the sense it is marked to suit the standard of living / spending power of the countries involved. Since coffee costs $4 in the states and 4€ (is that true?) in Europe, readers should be priced that way too.
(I have such warped logic)
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
At least in Italy coffe is about 1.20 €, in some places as low as below 1 €.
In normal bars, can't say about restaurants or fancy places.
Yeah, coffe at a bar is 1 / 1.50 euros.
Starbucks is an other mater.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #14
lovelyloey
Enthusiast

Arh I see.
Then my theory about $4 and 4€ coffee fails.
So why the discrepancy in pricing of the Opus??
Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Even then, 150 + 20% of 150 = 180, still far away from 250.
It's just the marketing message I do not understand. What should it convey to whoever reads it !
Just compare: iRex 800S = € 499 in Europe. iRex 800SG (more features) = $ 399 in US. You could order the more feature prone unit in US and it still would be cheaper!
But you can try to see it positively: The US economy is still loosing ground. Not long ago, $ and € had been of about equal worth. Since then, $ has lost 20% of its value. This is reflected in lower prices. But of course in lower incomes and other side-effects in the US as well.
Probably no one of us (maybe with the exception of chapter 11 experts) would be happy, if prices in Europe would drop the same. Most likely this would demonstrate, that we'd be in a "real" recession.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote