Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Database Exception uuid4 error

HELP! When trying to add any books to Calibre, either w/the Sony plugged in or not, I am now getting this error.

---------------------------
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception
<b>DatabaseException</b>:no such function: uuid4
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 135, in run
OperationalError: no such function: uuid4
OK Hide Details...

Traceback
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 141 in update
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1372, in create_book_entry
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 162, in run
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to upgrade calibre to at least 0.6.22
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I had already updated, but I just noticed that the shortcut I was using was the old one, rather than to the newly updated version. Thx for the easy solution.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I'm getting the same errors.

EDIT: Oh, now I see, I'm suddenly in the possenssion of a Calibre2 program, and my shortcuts, even the newly made does still refer to Calibre/Calibre.exe instead of Calibre2/Calibre.exe.
Rather confusing...
And it now refuses to convert to LRF with an enormous amount of error perhaps boiling down to this?:
calibre.ebooks.rtf2xml.ParseRtf.InvalidRtfExceptio n: Invalid RTF: document doesn't start with {

I tried more or less the same book in PDF, HTML, DOC and RTF and keep seeing this exact errormessages. The text is perfectly readable in Word etc.

Last edited by dura; 11-21-2009 at 07:27 AM.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
hnoto
Groupie

Lex, though I'm NOT an expert by any means, I have always had lots of trouble getting calibre to convert rtf files. I use http://www.lib2go.com/ for those files, and try avoiding them whenever possible.

The other thing that sometimes works is to open the file in MSword, save as html and then u/l the html file to Calibre.
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Thanks for the tip Heather.
Up until now LRF conversion worked fine through Calibre.
Got the book in question in LRF now by using a ZIP(!) version I also had
I'll definately get Lib2Go as an extra tool.

Edit: on the Lib3go-site it says: Lib2Go is based mainly on "calibre", a e-book library management application and utilites. Calibre is free, open source and cross-platform. You can download it here.

So probably the same "engine". I'll stay with Calibre, it always worked well in the past so it might have been something with the bookfiles.

Last edited by dura; 11-26-2009 at 06:00 PM.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote