Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 AM   #16
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
... and there is no need to subscribe anyway. It's just usable.
Sample: http://classify.oclc.org/classify2/C...=9783404163199
I use it fairly often with my libraries.

If you look a bit around, you will find a nice plugin from DaltonSt called Library codes. It will use the OCLC service partly.
Link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=267108

I use in addition FAST Subjects for classification.

Anyway, if someone use these kind of information really he will see that all these information are not perfect as there need to be human peoples to generate all the meta information in high quality and also need to update and extend the data sets continuously. I use national libraries too. Most of them have good classifications systems - but the problem is, that these systems extend or change over the time and you can't have an update by click to set all metadata from a vacuum or something to 100% available perfect world of metadata. The good thing is, most libraries in the world use theses days Dublin Core Metadata systems in different versions and/or precursors variants as they link their information's more and more to a global acting information systems.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, modification