Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2015, 03:40 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok - try deleting the device's database file ( but you will lose bookmarks etc when you do that .
connect device to PC & browse it, look for a .db file on device. you can take a copy before deleting it if you wish to be cautious
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #17
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
THanks all for the suggestions so far

In an attempt to shed more light on the problem I left it with no content fully shut down and it depleted the battery in 4 days.

So to rule out a dud new battery I put a digital meter in line with the -ve lead. That is showing a continual drain whilst in full Shut-down of 5.63Ma which equates with the 4 day run down of the new battery ( a 700Mah as I could not find a replacement 1000Mah anywhere).

I believe in shut-down the battery should last many weeks / months. My 650 goes for months unused with very little drop.
So my old battery was probably OK.

I will leave it with the battery fully charged but disconnected to confirm there is no voltage drop over a few days.

Then I will try deleting the .db file to see if that helps.

Last edited by roger the rabbit; 10-19-2015 at 11:25 AM.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #18
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Or more specifically, I believe Kobos essentially have a recovery partition which resetting uses to restore.

Whereas Kindles simply update the main firmware, and resetting just cleans out specific locations which contain user settings. If you jailbreak and bork the firmware, you're screwed (well, you could do a serial port unbrick, or on older devices use Kubrick).

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobo was fairly unusual in that regard.

If the Sony firmware has been borked, it is likely beyond the help of a factory restore.
I can also now confirm that a factory restore does not reset to the original firmware on a T1, I suspect that's also true of the T3. Sorry for going a bit off topic there.

If there is a power drain, then something is running in the background. Weird, but could his T3 be infected with a virus for the android OS? I wouldn't know how to scan one of these to find out.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:11 AM   #19
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Just an update, the battery is fine & holds charge when not connected. I deleted all the database files, but the drain remains the same.

I have asked Sony for some help, they have "elevated" my enquiry, (whatever that means), and I am awaiting a (hopefully helpful) response.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote