Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #151
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Some quick Google investigation has yielded me the suggestion that adb access to the Nook ST requires being rooted.

Apparently B&N was discourteous enough to not include the adb daemon on the actual device, so adb has nothing to talk to.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #152
Nels17
Nels17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touche
I can try to root my Nook if that’s the only way to export notes, but what is the simplest and safest method with a Mac (OS X 10.9)? Will I need a micro SD card or are there other ways to do it? Will it delete the files and notes I have already taken on the Nook? Thanks.
Nels17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #153
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You might want to ask over in the Nook forums here for some help. See if they can provide guidance on two items
  1. How to enable ADB access from your MAC
  2. How to root the Nook .
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #154
Slash
Slash began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello, how can I export the annotations to a file (html or text) intead of getting it in the comments ?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #155
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
At the moment no. The annotations are written as HTML into the comments field, so these can be copied out to a file, but only one at a time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #156
1tjcaron
Nameless Being

lost annotations

Hi,

When I operate your plugin, it works great for books I've put on my kindle through calibre, but does not pick up any I've purchased through amazon, for instance.

It would be amazing to have access to all annotations. I know they're all in that kindle:my_annotations.txt file. Is there a good way to modify the plugin to dump these into a selected book's metadata?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #157
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin only gets annotations for books that are on the device and in the calibre library. As you can easily add a book to the calibre library to match the book on the device, I don't think dumping the annotations for books not in the library into some other book is useful. If there is a good reason to do it differently, I'll be happy to listen.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #158
Nels17
Nels17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touche
Sorry for not having had time to look into this more in depth. I went on various forums and it doesn’t look like I could root my Nook without using a SD card and card reader, which I do not have. I don’t always understand how to proceed and I am worried of losing my notes and highlights.

I’m happy to test a plugin if somebody can explain to me what to do. I hope someone with a rooted Nook Simple Touch will be able to answer your questions to extract notes from the database.
Nels17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #159
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That's unfortunate. Without access to the database on the device, there isn't anything I can do. Hopefully someone who knows how to do the rooting or knows another way to access the database will come along.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #160
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Do this plugin work with Mantano Reader? Because that would be awesome.

Maybe you could add a list in the first post as to which android-readers it works with?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #161
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure, but it will be a very short list, which looks something like this:
  • Watch this space for future updates.

tl;dr -- the supported readers are already listed. It supports hardware Kindles and GoodReader for iOS.
The image could probably be updated to delist Marvin.

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-01-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #162
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I take it that means that it won't work with Mantano Reader?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #163
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

That would correspond to it only supporting E-Ink Kindles and the GoodReader iOS app... so yes.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:37 AM   #164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Do this plugin work with Mantano Reader? Because that would be awesome.

Maybe you could add a list in the first post as to which android-readers it works with?
The first post already does list everything the plugin supports. I do need to update it properly, but the only error is that Marvin support was removed as it is in the Marvin plugin.

As to support for other devices or apps, they can be added. There are instructions in the plugin code for doing it. I'm happy to help, but I am limited by what devices and apps I have and use.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #165
scrat242
scrat242 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX
I'm using 64bit Calibre on Windows 8.1 system (everything is up to date). After installing this plugin, I get the following error: ScreenCap:

[Image violates posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Search did not find a solution. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-05-2015 at 04:44 PM.
scrat242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp