Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #106
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Any word on Kobo yet?
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #107
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I got $0.73 from Amazon! Am I the tiniest winner??

eP
Another person here with that $0.73! Now, how to go spend my windfall?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #108
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Hopefully Kobo (+ Borders) will get the credits assigned soon.

Sony is sending checks. I can't remember what the books I bought from All Romance eBooks/Omni Lit and direct from Penguin are supposed to be. I'm thinking they were checks, too, but I'm too lazy to dig out the info.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #109
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I got $29.20 from Amazon, more than I had thought it would be.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #110
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
$8.76 from B&N. More than I expected - when I looked at the list of 12 books, it was almost all auto-buy authors. The two that weren't, I'm pretty sure were either freebies or $0.99 deals. So I got $0.73 back on them, which is pretty sweet.

Looking at my Kobo and Sony purchases, I don't know that anything qualified (I was actively avoiding agency), so that might be it for credits for me.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #111
U2Bono269
Connoisseur
U2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Air 2
I got my notice from B&N, but no credit yet. According to the email, I'm getting about $15, which is much less than I expected. Apparently a bunch of books that I thought were on the bestseller list actually weren't. I could have sworn books like Stephen King's Under the Dome were on the bestseller list, but I guess I was wrong. There were 5 or 6 books in my account like that. Oh well, I an get 2 new books when the credit finally arrives.
U2Bono269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #112
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Another person here with that $0.73! Now, how to go spend my windfall?
Another member of the 73¢ club here--wondering the same thing! How to spend it...
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #113
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Woohoo! I'm rich! $1.46 from Amazon and $0.73 from Barnes & Noble! Drinks are on me... (assuming they're tap water) LOL Considering that I've fairly actively boycotted the publishers I couldn't find deals on and have mostly gotten free or cheap books at Amazon other than the F&SF subscription I have through them and haven't bought much more at B&N other than the Analog & Asimov's subscription, I'm not complaining. I might get a little from Sony and Kobo since I've bought more from Kobo than anyone else, but I'm not expecting a windfall.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #114
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
$156 from Amazon and just over $2.00 from B&N (lol). Still waiting to hear from iTunes.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #115
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
e-book settlement finally approved

Well, I applied my pittance to "Dust" to finally get around to finishing the Silo series just as soon as I finish "I Am Legend". Something about the dystopian destruction of the world lately.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #116
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I got $5.11. But, as I moved to Spain and have switched my Kindle account to Amazon.es, I don't think I will be able to spend it. Oh well. I am going to contact support one of these days, when I have the time.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #117
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bono269 View Post
I got my notice from B&N, but no credit yet. According to the email, I'm getting about $15, which is much less than I expected. Apparently a bunch of books that I thought were on the bestseller list actually weren't. I could have sworn books like Stephen King's Under the Dome were on the bestseller list, but I guess I was wrong. There were 5 or 6 books in my account like that. Oh well, I an get 2 new books when the credit finally arrives.
I got my e-mail from B&N, but I couldn't find an amount. (Sometimes it's hard to tell on this particular webmail thingie.) Then I looked up the credit by filling in the blanks on this page:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/eboo...okup/379004173

Whoah. I got quite a bit more at B&N. Only one NYT best-seller. Like you, I bought lots of books that I thought were best-sellers, but maybe the books weren't on the list (like top 10) when I bought them.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #118
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
$156 from Amazon and just over $2.00 from B&N (lol). Still waiting to hear from iTunes.
It will be a long wait to hear from Apple as they chose not to settle. Apple is challenging the lawsuit in court.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #119
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I got 15.58.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #120
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
It will be a long wait to hear from Apple as they chose not to settle. Apple is challenging the lawsuit in court.
They aren't paying out of pocket for their misdeeds (yet) but they are disbursing their customers' share of the settlement from their partners.

When/if Apple's penalties and restitution are defined there will be a second wave of payments. And if/when the class action suits are settled there will be a third.

This is going to drag on for a couple more years.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote