Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
van604
van604 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Error: Invalid Page

Hi everyone,
This is my first post so I apologize if I overlook something obvious that's already been discussed.

I have a Sony PRS-T1 with an 8GB micro SD card, a Macbook with OS 10.6.8 and I use Calibre 09.38 to manage my ebooks. My ebooks have various formats and have been purchased from various sources, but are all visible in Calibre. I prefer to transfer my ebooks to my SD card rather than the Sony internal memory and have not had any problems with the transfers. When I open books from the card on my mac there are no issues.

The problem is once the books are on my ereader. For some reason when I try to open my ebooks on the ereader some of them are showing an error message of "Invalid Page". This error does not seem to be with a particular format of ebook either. It is not a large number of books, but they are a few of my favourites.

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated!!
van604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Hmmm... looks suspiciously like a DRM issue.. if you purchase the book to read on your mac then it may not work when transferred to your device... but I am not familiar with the mac and would need a lot more info to be sure.. most times drm protected books will only open on the device used to buy them which by default becomes the "authorized device" that is the whole point of drm and is what makes it a real PITA
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I've seen the "Invalid Page" error when the current location/position (in the books.db on the T1) doesn't exist in the epub any more. The easiest way to trigger this was to open an unedited book on the T1, edit the book with Sigil (which usually moves the html files to folders), load the modified book on to the T1 and then try to open the book.

There's two ways to deal with this - delete the book from the T1 and re-add it, or (if you're game!) edit the books.db file with an SQLite editor and clear out the current position for the book (I don't have a books.db in front of me but let me know if you want more detailed instructions on this). I'd very seriously recommend the former under all circumstances .

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote