Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #16
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
I spend anything from €25 to €30 per month on eBooks and €7 per week on Newspapers.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #17
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have no idea what I spend on books. I am afraid to look. I buy what I want to read. I do know it is less than when I was buying only DT Books. There are a lot of ebook freebies that were not available as DT Books. I am sure it is well over $1,000.00 a year easy. My wife says that it is better than if I was drinking and smoking.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I used to give myself a budget of $20 a month. I think that covers e-books and paper books. Most of what I want to read isn't public domain and never goes on sale. Book prices make me use my library a lot. This year for e-books, I've spent about $8 a month.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
In 2010, 2011 and 2012 (so far), the non-free ebooks I've read (495) have cost me just over $1500. So I must have spent at least $40/£25 a month on ebooks.

Although this year I've been trying to reduce my spending, and so reduce my TBR pile, and I've only spent an average of $25/£16 per month on ebooks, so my average in previous years, given that I've also built up a considerable TBR pile, has probably been closer to $50/£35 per month.

I suspect that next year my average spend will be similar to this year's, as I'll still be trying to reduce my TBR pile to more sensible proportions.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I average about $60/month...some months more and some less. Like Harry, I'm trying to replace my paper library, as well as buy new books. Unfortunately, some of the ones that are most important to me aren't available as ebooks yet.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #21
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
About $100 a month on books. The same on music I guess
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
In the 25 months since I bought my Kindle, I've spent an average of about £16 ($25) per month on ebooks. That doesn't seem as bad as I feared.

I have one magazine subscription (which I should probably cancel - I'm not sure I've even taken the issues out of the envelopes for about two years) and I buy a newspaper every Saturday (mainly for the TV guide). I also haven't managed to give up paper books. Or probably even cut down very much. I expect it adds up to about the same again.

Although I feel I should point out that they were all bargains.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Unfortunately, some of the ones that are most important to me aren't available as ebooks yet.

Shari
Same here - especially reference books. I'd love to see some of my most-used references, like the "Oxford Classical Dictionary" or the "Oxford Bible Commentary" as eBooks, but I doubtthere's the market for it to ever be economically viable.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-13-2012 at 09:07 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
My number can and does vary wildly.

September - $22.99 (Story Bundle)
October - $20.95 (Humble Bundle)
November - $26.16
December - $14.92

Last edited by Quake1028; 01-03-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Since I enjoy reading classics mainly, my ebook buying expenditure is fairly low. I buy mainly from Delphi Classics and get a lot of books from our library here. I do stock up on freebies for the newer books and do have a library card for the current books available there. I would say, on average, that I spend less than $7 a month on books.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #26
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Some months less than $100 & some months more. Reading is my main source of entertainment since I don't go to movies or watch t.v.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
$50 a year for an out-of-state library card. I simply adore the Brooklyn Public Library.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #28
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I've spent around $200 this year on ebooks, so less than $20 a month. I've gone a bit overboard at Audible, probably spending more than $30 a month on audiobooks. This is only a fraction of what I read and listen to though, I get a ton of ebooks and audiobooks from my well stocked public library and take advantage of public domain ebooks.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I never make budgets or try to add up my purchases, when I really want something I will just go ahead and buy it. But I spend $10 on newspapers per month and probably around $500 on books per year. Mostly non-fiction, those are more expensive.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #30
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I spend about £100 ($160-ish) a month on ebooks. The reason for that is that I have a very large paper book collection which I'm still in the process of replacing with ebooks. Hence I buy between about 4 and 6 ebooks a week.
Ditto - I too am replacing a house full of paper books with ebooks - I can almost see the floor in my home office now.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote