Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
richieadler
Fan of Sony readers
richieadler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2; Sony PRS-505
Arrow Cover generation, selecting image, from CLI

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find information on this. If it exists, I would appreciate a link.

Basically what I need to do is:
  • Generate an EPUB from the command line
  • Incorporate a specified image as the cover
  • (This is the new part) Add to that cover the same information that gets added to the image in a default or generated cover.
This is part of an automated process so GUI solutions are not useful for me.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance.
richieadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieadler View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find information on this. If it exists, I would appreciate a link.

Basically what I need to do is:
  • Generate an EPUB from the command line
  • Incorporate a specified image as the cover
  • (This is the new part) Add to that cover the same information that gets added to the image in a default or generated cover.
This is part of an automated process so GUI solutions are not useful for me.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance.
look at the CLI (Comandline interface) in the online users guide.

ebook-meta has a way to set the cover into the DB (I think you want to populate the DB first, then call the convert)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
richieadler
Fan of Sony readers
richieadler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2; Sony PRS-505
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
look at the CLI (Comandline interface) in the online users guide.

ebook-meta has a way to set the cover into the DB (I think you want to populate the DB first, then call the convert)
Hum... not really. I'm using ebook-convert to create the epub, and it gets created without even getting included into the database. If I do it later is for a different purpose, but my intention is to get all in one go, from the ebook-convert execution, without going through the GUI nor the library.
richieadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) Create your cover witht he specified information using either imagemagick or the CLI interface to the generate cover plugin.

2) Run ebook-convert with --cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automation, batch conversion, command line, epub, generation