Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Percentage progress issue

I may have discovered - yawn! - yet another bug. I recently dipped into a new book - 'Language The Cultural Tool' by Daniel Everett - but in spite of me (so far) getting no further than a couple of pages into the introduction my Vox is insisting that I am already 25 per cent of the way through - on both the lock screen and stats page, even after both refreshing my Reading Life data and reloading the book (i.e. opening another book, then reopening the original book). My actual progress is correctly reported as 2 per cent on the Kobo iPhone app. Am I right - is this a bug?
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
is this a kobo bought book?

I have seen this many times, but though it was only side loaded

I have a Stephen King book, bought from Amazon and converted to ePub, read first couple of pages and it said I was 30% through it after reading only a few pages
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
It's a Kobo-bought book. For some reason I didn't really notice this issue before but logically it must have been there since I bought my Vox in January.
I am becoming increasingly convinced that Kobo don't really care that much about the Vox: they certainly seem content to repeatedly push out buggy software updates that can't have been tested to any meaningful extent. Meanwhile, the iOS apps either work properly in the first place or get all the fixes and new features first.
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
The percentage bar in the Kobo eReader is screwy and misleading and does not appear linear. At times it seems to indicate progress in a chapter, other times progress in the book and other times neither one correctly. I use Aldiko with publisher's page numbers enabled. Much better!
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote