Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
What's required for APPS2SD?

Does anyone know what is required for APPS2SD that is included in the standard Froyo? I've done the links2sd method mentioned on this forum and was happy with it, but the hiccups of the second partition not mounting after a reboot so requiring an additional reboot was fine for me, but since I'm setting up a couple PE's for my daughters I'd rather not have to have them do that. I've searched the net but have not found what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
Does anyone know what is required for APPS2SD that is included in the standard Froyo? I've done the links2sd method mentioned on this forum and was happy with it, but the hiccups of the second partition not mounting after a reboot so requiring an additional reboot was fine for me, but since I'm setting up a couple PE's for my daughters I'd rather not have to have them do that. I've searched the net but have not found what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help.
Not to toot my own horn , but I would recommend using the Golden Allmine (or Ermine) to have a PE with more than 2 GiB for apps. Then you should not need to rely on APPS2SD to install many apps.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
Not to toot my own horn , but I would recommend using the Golden Allmine (or Ermine) to have a PE with more than 2 GiB for apps. Then you should not need to rely on APPS2SD to install many apps.
LOL . Toot away. I already did "upgrade" to your Golden Allmine with a few edits (namely removed some of the entourage apps and added the adhoc-able wpa_supplicant). But since there are some apps that will not install simply because they need to be located on the SD card I figured we should get this working on the PE. If all it is a binary and some missing libraries we would be good to go, but I just do not know what is required.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I installed over 100 apps and no problems. what does not install for you?
I want to replicate this.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I've followed kennyminot's instructions* (on multiple installations, PE and EE) and have Link2SD running now on my Golden Allmine'd PE.

Don't really need it at all as I am not an app freak...just because I can't resist. I've have also learned a hell-'f-lot about Android and eDGe structure over the months..just wish I was as tech savy as some of the folks here.

*https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
I installed over 100 apps and no problems. what does not install for you?
I want to replicate this.
Bejewled2 will not install and has an option to move to SD. I think any app that requires the option of moving to SD will not install. BTW I am running Allmine (ran the regular ermine also with the same results).
Old 12-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I've followed kennyminot's instructions* (on multiple installations, PE and EE) and have Link2SD running now on my Golden Allmine'd PE.

Don't really need it at all as I am not an app freak...just because I can't resist. I've have also learned a hell-'f-lot about Android and eDGe structure over the months..just wish I was as tech savy as some of the folks here.

*https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
At a time earlier I was running links2sd, but when my PE went belly up I switched to Allmine which should have enough apps space. The reason to get apps2sd working is so that apps that require it can be installed.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

you mean golden allmine from pablob with new partitioning.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #9
vicinc
Guru

installed bejewelled fine 100% (not from amazon as amazon market is not functional in uk) using RC3 from pablob. no issues with the install.

However only works in landscape and is on a about 40% of the screen
Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #10
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Frequently on first read I confuse Apps2SD (you guys are referring to Settings/Device Storage option) with Link2SD. Apologize for my stupid post. I didn't realize there were apps that "require" apps2sd, tekknogenius. The only apps I've found that won't install are Aldiko and Mantano. Do you think this may be the reason?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
installed bejewelled fine 100% (not from amazon as amazon market is not functional in uk) using RC3 from pablob. no issues with the install.

However only works in landscape and is on a about 40% of the screen
It was bejewled2. It was a free app from amazon, but normally a paid app. There are quite a few apps that will not install (although there is not a compatibility issue with those apps). I'll see what other free ones will not install and you can try it too to see if you get the same results. I'll use apps from the android market only then since you do not have access to the amazon appstore.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
vicinc
Guru

in europe we do not have access to amazon store
Old 12-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #13
vicinc
Guru

I have aldiko and mantano installed fine
Old 12-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Quote:
I have aldiko and mantano installed fine
So have you an idea why they might not install on my PE?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
vicinc
Guru

versions?