Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Sony books 50% off coupon thru 8/28

Save 50% off one book through Sunday 8/28

50OFFTWODAYS

exclusions apply
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Oh awesome! I've really been wanting to buy Counterfeit Madam, the most recent book in the Gil Cunningham series by Pat McIntosh, but it's quite expensive compared with the rest of the series. With the 50% coupon, it drops into what I consider marginally reasonably range - enough that I'll buy it since I've really enjoyed the rest of the books in the series.

sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Thanks! Finally signed up for Sony, 50% was finally worth the hassle. Screwed up my first order and ended up paying full price. Figured out to apply the code on my second order. Oh well, live and learn.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
vulcan_girl.

FWI, some of the Soho titles are listed under Random House Digital Wholesale. The coupon will work with these.

For horror fans, there is a nice "Horror Bundle," 4 books/4 authors for $15.96, so $7.98 with the coupon, less than $2.00 for each book.

Quote:
ncluded Titles

Snow
by Ronald Damien Malfi
Individual Price: $6.64
When a brutal snowstorm shut down all the flights in and out of Chicago, Todd Curry and a few other stranded passengers rented a Jeep to drive the rest of the way to their destinations. But along a forested, isolated road, they picked up a disoriented man wandering through the snow. His car wouldn't start and his daughter had vanished. Strangest of all were the mysterious slashes cut into the back of the man's coat, straight down to the flesh....

When they arrived in the nearest town it seemed deserted. Cars sat in the streets with their doors open. Fires burned unattended. But Todd and the rest of the travelers will soon learn the town is far from deserted, for they're being watched...and hunted. Soon they will discover the inhuman horrors that await them in the...

More

Lucifer's Lottery
by Edward Lee
Just before he's about to enter a seminary, a young man learns he's the winner of Lucifer's Lottery, a lottery held every 666 years, in which the winner receives eternal youth and wealth and a personal tour of Hell.
More

Spore
by John Skipp
Something is growing beneath Los Angeles, an awful intelligence born of decay, whose spores infest the human brain and take root, turning their hosts into homicidal maniacs.
More

Descendant
by Graham Masterton
Individual Price: $6.29
During WWII James Falcon used to hunt vampire Nazis, but the most notorious, Dorin Duca, always eluded him. Now, fifteen years after the war, vampires-led by Dorin Duca-are invading England, and James is back on the hunt!
More
http://ebookstore.sony.com/bundle/ho...00000000427700

I got The Gooseberry Fool, third book in series by James McClure with Lieutenant Kramer and Detective Sergeant Mickey Zondi, one white detective and black white detective as partners, set in South Africa during apartheid.

Quote:
Hugo Swart, faithful churchgoer and respected citizen, is found stabbed to death on the floor of his kitchen just before Christmas, on the hottest night of the year. If Mr. Swart's Reverend is to be believed, no one in the world could have a reason to kill him; the murder was most likely a robbery gone ugly, and the chief suspect is Swart's black servant, Shabalala, who has fled to the countryside. But Lieutenant Kramer suspects that not everything is as it seems. While Zondi pursues Shabalala in what turns out to be a treacherous tour of miserable outlying Bantu villages, Kramer tries to wring the truth out of some of Swart's acquaintances in Trekkersburg and Cape Town--it seems not everyone liked the victim quite as much as the Reverend did. But danger lies at every turn--what will this investigation cost the duo?

McClure's merciless depiction of 1970s South Africa, its many layers of racism, and the gaps between rich and poor make this perhaps the most devourable book in the Kramer and Zondi series yet.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
myzr
myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-350
It seems so difficult to find a book I want that can actually use the coupon. Is there a list of allowed publishers? I see the exclusion list, but it might be nice to see an inclusion list.

My process now is just to add books on my wishlist to the cart and see if the price is reduced. It's a bit tedious, but if that's the only way then so be it.
myzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
FYI, the code seems to still work. I just used it a few moments ago.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote