Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Kindle for as low as $14 with Audible

I searched but didn't see it mentioned anywhere that the $100 off an Audible ready device with a year commitment has been once again extended to the Kindles.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
can you provide a link?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Get $100 Cash Back from Audible
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
looks like im getting a kindle.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
yes thats true but, the total out of pocket cost is $193.40. $80 more than if you bought it outright.
But, on the other hand, it allows someone who doesnt have the cash to get a kindle!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
yes thats true but, the total out of pocket cost is $193.40. $80 more than if you bought it outright.
But, on the other hand, it allows someone who doesnt have the cash to get a kindle!
lol for me its an excuse to get an audible membership. i couldnt justify a kindle and a membership full price for both but i can with this :P
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's great if Audible is something you're interested in anyway. I got in on this offer a couple times quite a few years ago to get my first and second iPods. I'm a big audiobook user (listen all day at work) so it was a no brainer for me back then.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Once again, let a post sit too long in "wait mode" before posting. This has already been said in this thread... But here goes...

So... You pay $179.40 for the year of Audible, then get $100 off the a device (KSO, for example) and then turn around and pay $14 more for the KSO? Resulting in $194~ for a KSO...? Not sure I want to pay extra for audio books (that some may not have a lot of use for) to get a perceived discount on a Kindle.

Last edited by RainingLemur; 06-02-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Started typing, paused for a few, finished post and saw my comment had pretty much been made.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
But it also includes 12 audiobooks. It's a great deal for those who planned on getting a Kindle (or other qualifying device) and an Audible membership.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #10
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
But it also includes 12 audiobooks. It's a great deal for those who planned on getting a Kindle (or other qualifying device) and an Audible membership.
I concur!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Just as long as you have something other than a Kindle to listen to your audiobooks. Kindle will do in a pinch, but it is too big to take jogging or whatever.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
odiakkoh
Guru

"This offer is in effect until 11:59 p.m. PST on January 31, 2012."

Hmm makes me want to wait to see if/when they'll release the next generation Kindle.

And I have proven in another thread that I am blind when reading Amazon pages so can this be combined with Amazon's current offer of 1 month free membership and 2 free audiobooks?

ETA: Combined wasn't the right word. More of can I take advantage of both offers.

Last edited by odiakkoh; 06-02-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Just as long as you have something other than a Kindle to listen to your audiobooks. Kindle will do in a pinch, but it is too big to take jogging or whatever.
Sansa Clip+ works great for that purpose. You can listen to Audible books; and library books in both MP3 and WMA formats. Now toss in an FM radio, voice recorder, FM recorder, mSD card slot, built-in clip, podcasts, music subscriptions (like Rhapsody), multiple formats (MP3, WMA, Audible, Ogg, FLAC) and you have a highly rated audio player smaller than the plug supplied with the Kindle and only $40 (4GB) at Amazon or Walmart.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
And I have proven in another thread that I am blind when reading Amazon pages so can this be combined with Amazon's current offer of 1 month free membership and 2 free audiobooks?

ETA: Combined wasn't the right word. More of can I take advantage of both offers.
I'm going to say probably. The restrictions they list seem to apply only to the $100 Promo:

Quote:
Restrictions
· This offer is in effect until 11:59 p.m. PST on January 31, 2012.
· Each promotional code offer ("offer") can be used only once.
· Offer expires 90 days from when you receive the promotional code.
· Limit one offer per customer in any 24-month period.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I'm currently on this trial offer and plan to convert it within the week to the KSO offer of a 6-month Audible membership for $6. That'll take me to the first week of December (holiday season). My plan then is to take advantage of the $100 promo by purchasing either a Kindle Tablet or a Kindle Touch; both of which should be out by then.